Thursday 30 July 2015

Lola Loves... LIPSTICK




As yesterday was National Lipstick Day I thought I'd share my top 5 favourite lipsticks with you lovely people in honour of that illustrious day! It's no secret that I LOVE lipstick! It's well documented. It's one of, if not my actual, favourite beauty product to use. I feel like with the right lipstick on I can take on the world! If my lippie is on point I am UNSTOPPABLE!  I think that's what I love about it, lipstick doesn't just transform a look, it can completely change your state of mind. I find that this is particularly true of bold shades. For me I am all about the bold lips, go bold or go home!, and there are 3 shades that I absolutely love and come back to time and time again. I'm talking Pinks, Reds, Berries... these are my go to shades. Before I get started I'm gonna give you fair warning all of these lipsticks have been ranted and raved about before so I do apologise if I'm repeating myself.


MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Girl About Town - £15.50 from Selfridges


I know you guys must be sick to death of me talking about this lipstick because I have talked about it so much BUT in my defence it is my absolute favourite. If I had to sacrifice all other lipsticks and only wear one for the rest of my life, this would be that one. That's how much I love it! I once described this lipstick as 'perfection in sleek MAC packaging' and I stand by that!The colour is stunning, honestly it is the most beautiful blue toned fuchsia. I just love it so much. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo! - £8.99 from Boots
(Not pictured above)


I wasn't sure whether or not include this because it's a liquid lipstick, but then I thought Sod it! It's still lipstick! And it's one of my very favourites. This lipstick makes me feel completely fearless! And that's a great thing. Another gorgeous pink, this time a fiery hot shade, it has a bouncy, gel like formula that adds an intense pop of colour to the lips and lasts hours. This stuff does not budge. Once it's on IT IS ON! It ain't going no where for no one. Now confession time: I have actually lost this and I am gutted! BUT I will be repurchasing as soon as possible because I love it. The formula is incredible and the colour is sexy as hell! Overall the Bourgeois Rouge Edition Velvets are amazing, I also really love Hot Pepper and Pink Pong but Olé Flamingo! is, undoubtedly, my favourite. 


Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in #107 - £5.49 from Superdrug



When Autumn rolls around this lipstick is my go to. It's a gorgeous deep berry red that is both really wearable and effortlessly glamorous. I always feel like a total vamp whenever I've got this slicked on my lips. Seriously I could be wearing sweatpants (and I frequently am!) and as long as I have this lipstick on I'll feel like Jessica Rabbit! It has a matte finish so it's really long lasting, is only the littlest bit drying on the lips and it has a fabulous price point. I seriously, seriously love this lipstick. I also love Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish in #30 which is a really similar colour with a satiny finish. Both of them are super gorgeous!

L'Oreal Color Riche in Julianne's Nude - £6.99 from Boots


This is a new addition to my lipstick collection but already a firm favourite. It's the most beautiful nude that I have ever happened across. I don't do nude lips normally but I am prepared to make an exception for this babe of a lipstick. For me it's the perfect MLBB shade. A blue toned pale pinky nude it just looks absolutely gorgeous on. It has really good very moisturising formula, but it does have a quite a lot of slip to it so it's not the most long lasting of formulas, in fact the formula really doesn't last that long at all and it definitely needs to be reapplied after eating and drinking but the colour more than makes up for it. I love it.

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in #520 Light It Up - £4.99 from Boots


Trust me when I say that the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils are among the best lip pencils out there. They are so incredible. I just love them. Light It Up is a super flattering, blue toned, cherry red that will suit most skin tones but is really flattering on us pale people. It is intensely pigmented and has a matte finish with a redonkulous formula; creamy and moisturising yet really long lasting. I mean really long lasting. Wild horses can't drag this bad boy away. Now one thing I have found with bold lips is that they can be a Bitch, with a capital B, to maintain, this isn't even an issue with these because the longevity is so awesome. I love them so much. #310 Berry Much is another favourite of mine because it is also beautiful. I love them so much. 

What are your favourite lipsticks? Are you a lover of bold lips or do you prefer a more neutral pout? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also follow me on instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates. 

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins