Tuesday 14 July 2015

St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Review


I have another product review for you lovely lot, I'm sorry I know I've been laying these on a bit thick recently but I've tried a lot of new stuff lately and I've just had to share my thoughts with you.

When it comes to St Tropez's latest release there's been something of a divide in opinion in the beauty blogging community. It seems to be something of a marmite product, you either love it or you hate it. Personally I love it. It promises a natural looking, streak-free tan and boy does it deliver. Now I am something of a tanning noob. The extent of my experience includes a few tanning mishaps in my misspent youth and a spray tan for my brother's wedding about 5 weeks ago, that is literally it. Having said that I found this ridiculously easy to use and it left me with an even, natural looking and streak-free tan.

The St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower is a thick, mousse-like cream that you apply in the shower after cleansing as normal. The tan itself is sunkissed and very natural, leaving just a hint of colour on the skin, which for me is perfect, what with me being so incredibly pale. However I honestly can't see this doing much for olive skin tones but for us pastier skinned gals it's great, giving a lovely natural glow to the skin.

Like all of us it's not perfect; it does leave a slight biscuit-y scent after application, nothing too offensive, but you can definitely notice it. Application seems to be the main problem and whilst it's ridiculously easy, it's not particularly comfortable.

So let's talk application. You apply the foamy, mousse-like formula in circular motions, leaving your hands and feet until the end and then washing your hands, leave it for three minutes before rinsing off. Sounds so simple, and it is,  the discomfort comes in when you're standing freezing and starkers in the shower with the water off for three minutes. And trust me three minutes is a long ass time when you're cold and naked. It's also really difficult to measure if you don't have a clock in the bathroom, I used the timer on my phone, but it is amazing how long three minutes can take. Personally I didn't find the actual application process too stressful, whilst it wasn't comfortable at all, it was easy. I know for some people application has been a bit of a deal breaker but for me it's a small price to pay for the end result.

I really, really like it. It's easy to use and left me with a really natural looking golden glow. A 200 ml tube will set you back £14.50 but I think it's totally worth it. Finally a tanning product even I can use!

Have you tried the St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower? What do you think of it? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest to stay updated.

Love love love xxx


2 comments:

  1. I really want to get my hands on this but can't find it anywhere at the moment. I will be hunting when I go out shopping today as I think I will love it! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally tracked it down in Boots but it was the last one. I really like it.

    Let me know what you think when you get it.

    Thanks for reading ❤️ X

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins