Sunday 26 July 2015

July Favourites 2015


Right I'm not gonna freak out too much but where the f**k is this year going? Wasn't it Christmas like 10 minutes ago? I mean seriously this is ridiculous!  Time is really getting away from me at the moment, honestly it feels like I just sat down to write my June Favourites a moment ago and boom here we are. It's a bit of a mixed bag this month, there's a little bit of everything. So let's get to it.




Of all the blue nail polishes I've bought this month, I bought 5, Regent's Place is my favourite. It's a beautiful lilac toned cornflower blue with a long lasting, super shiny, gel like finish. It's so pretty and summery and makes me stare at my nails like the polish obsessed weirdo I am. Love it!




Or the most beautiful nude to ever grace my lips. I'm not a big fan of nude lipsticks usually but this one is the nude to rule over all nudes... there's something I never thought I'd say. Julianne's Nude is a pretty, soft, blue-toned pinky nude, a MLBB shade for us paler girls, that looks absolutely beautiful on. It has a lovely, moisturising formula and smells a little bit like parma violets which is so good. Due to it's nourishing, albeit slightly slippery formula, it needs to be reapplied after eating and/or drinking, it also has a glossier finish than I would normally like, I'm all about the matte, long lasting formulas, so I like to pat it in with a finger tip for a more natural finish. By my normal standards I should not like this lipstick but it's been one of my go to's this month and I just love it.



I've been loving this simple summer make up look lately. I've been wearing it pretty much every day because it looks so nice but is really easy to do, it takes no time at all in the mornings and I still look like I've made an effort, bonus! If you'd like to know how I did it then you can read more here.



This lipstick might just be (whisper it) my favourite lipstick ever. I've been switching between this and Julianne's Nude all month and I have been loving it. Girl About Town is the perfect summer shade! A stunning blue toned fuchsia with a beautiful formula that is super moisturising and whilst it's not the most long lasting of beasts it's definitely worth the effort of reapplying. Plus it smells like vanilla/cake. This lipstick is perfection in sleek MAC packaging!

Orange Is The New Black


Okay so I am about 2 years late to the party with this one but I have finally discovered OITNB and I'm obsessed! I can't stop watching! I've even stopped watching Breaking Bad to watch it, that's how good it is! I haven't decided who my favourite character is yet, at the moment I'm kinda leaning towards Crazy Eyes, Crazy Eyes is everything! but I love Sophia as well and Yoga Jones (and Daya and Bennett is EVERYTHING! I ship them soon much) ... I'm torn. Anyway OITNB is amazing.

Black Primark Sandals


I was in serious need of some work appropriate sandals when I spotted these in Primark for something redonkulous like £6. They're just really simple black  peep toe sandals with an ankle strap but I really like them, they're so pretty and really comfortable. I like them so much I actually picked up another pair of the black, Primark not exactly known for being long lasting, and a pair in mint blue  and navy as well. They're so nice. 
Pink




After writing this post, where I referenced Pink, I've been re-living my angsty teen years, listening to a lot of Pink (and Green Day and Avril Lavigne :S) and reminiscing about my teenage self. Man I loved me some panda eyes! I also loved those fishnet wrist things, anyway I've actually really enjoyed it. Girl can sing! 

What are your July Favourites? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins