Sunday 19 February 2017

Life and January Goals 2017 Update


Its been a while since I've just sat down and had a chat with you guys about what's going on in my life, and because there is so much going on at the moment - and I've been promising a life update for ages! - I thought that now would be a good time.
January was a really good month for me, not so much for the world, but on a personal level it's been good. I started my new job and I've generally been a more happy and positive person.  I still have a long way to go in a lot of areas of my life, but I've made a start and that is something.

So work, I've talked a lot about work but I haven't actually told you what it is that I do. I am the assistant product editor for a portfolio of business to business leisure magazines, which means that I don't work for one magazine, I work for nine! So I get to write about some really cool, and random, stuff... like rollercoasters and peanut butter. It's so cool. It's basically my dream job, and I love it so much that I don't hate Mondays anymore. I've only been there 7 weeks but already I've gotten to do some amazing things and I'm really enjoying it. I'm one very happy bunny.

If you read this post you'll know how lost and directionless I felt last year, well I don't feel like that anymore. I finally feel like I'm on the right track and am doing what I'm meant to be doing. It's a great feeling, it's not one I'm used to, but it's a great feeling.

The rest of my life seems to be going alright as well. I'm still going to the gym, not as much as I was but still 3 times a week when I can, and I'm still losing weight. Frustratingly slowly but I am noticing some off scale victories. I've gone down two dress sizes and am wearing skinny jeans for the first time in years. Life's really looking up.

So lets have a - long overdue- chat about my January Goals (catch up on them here). It was a mixed bag really. I did well in some areas and not so well in others.

Establish a good routine

I did get into a good routine, but I was getting to work an hour early everyday, and felt really tired. So I'm now trying to get into another routine, where I'm going to bed early but getting up a little bit later so I'm not tired and am getting to work on time and not spending all my money on Costa hot chocolates in the morning.

Meal plan

I didn't meal plan at all, and that is because I really hate cooking. It just feels like such a waste of time... I know how ridiculous that sounds but cooking isn't for me. I'm going to try again though because I'm spending way too much money on food during the week.

Start a 'fuck off' fund

I did this! I'm so pleased that I did this and that I currently have money in the bank which is not to touched. I have savings! You don't understand what a big deal this is. I mean it does help that I'm now earning more money than I ever have before, but I am so bad with money. It's like I have to get rid of it as soon as I've got it. BUT I didn't do that this month and I won't do it next month either. I'm very happy that I have managed to save. Yay! 

What are your goals at the moment? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins