Tuesday 7 February 2017

The 6 lipsticks that live in my handbag



l-r: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo, L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Julianne's Nude, Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte Lipstick in Pommie Girl, Nyx Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose & Collection Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Cream in Cotton Candy. 


I emptied my handbag for the first time in ages the other day and nestled amongst the empty chewing gum packets, Costa receipts and a quite frankly astounding number of pens I found not one or even two, but six lipsticks! How I managed to squeeze all that in my bag and still use it as a functional handbag I don't know, but I did it. Some of them have been in there so long I thought I'd lost them but I digress.
You'll notice one very key thing that these lipsticks all have in common. They're the same colour, in various shades and finishes but  the same rose-y plum hue nevertheless. (This wasn't planned by the way... it just happened) Gone are the days when I wore bright red lipstick just because it was Tuesday. Now I'm all about these rose-y, nude-y plums.

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo - £5.50 from Asos

This is one of the bolder lipsticks that I carry around with me and is one of my more recent purchases.  I'd had my eye on it for quite some time before I decided that I absolutely needed it. It lives up to it's name and is a very soft lip cream that dries down to a completely matte finish, it is so comfortable to wear and has excellent wear time. It's a deep  pink, almost a sophisticated fuchsia, but with just a hint of brown that mutes it a bit and makes it really wearable. It's lovely.

L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Julianne's Nude - £6.99 from lookfantastic

 Ahh good ol' faithful. Julianne's Nude is one of my absolute favourites and my go to when I just need a little somethin' somethin' on my lips.  I have mentioned this beaut of a lipstick on here more times than I can shake a stick at, so I won't bore you too much with the details (you can read more about that here) It has a very glossy finish which prefer to pat it in to my lips with my fingertip to matte it down a bit. It is beautifully moisturising and it smells just like parma violets... but nice. If they ever discontinue this I... no it doesn't bear thinking about.

Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey - £7.99 from Boots

Another firm favourite, I wear this pretty much every day. Again I tend to pat into my lips because I don't love glossy finishes, they're not really my cup of tea, but it's well pigmented and has fairly decent wear time for something with so much slip to it. I would be lost without this lipstick. Really.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte Lipstick in Pommie Girl - £9 from Boots

Pommie Girl is an exact dupe for Soap & Glory's discontinued Super-Colour Fabu-Lipstick in Pom-Pom, which could actually be my favourite lipstick ever, I used it until there was literally nothing left. Pommie Girl is a matte plummy pink -shock! - with incredible lasting power. It has an almost powdery finish that really grips to the lips and keeps this bad boy in place.

Nyx Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose - £6.50 from Boots

Tea Rose is very similar to Pommie Girl in colour but has a slightly creamier formula and is a bit more comfortable to wear, however it isn't as long lasting due to the slipperiness of the formulation. Still gorgeous though!

Collection Velvet Kiss Moisturising Lip Cream in Cotton Candy - £2.50 from Boots

Collection's Velvet Kiss range was my favourite beauty discovery of last year. Again I have raved about these a ton (read more about them here) but trust me they are just that darn good. Cotton Candy is my favourite. Contrary to what the name suggests it's more of a muted pink, but it's the formulation that makes it really special. It's a soft cream that dries down to a completely matte finish. It has good longevity but does need to be reapplied after eating. It reapplies smoothly without bunching upon peeling AND it's an absolute bargain.

What's your favourite lipstick? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.






1 comment:

Latest pins