Tuesday 14 February 2017

January Favourites 2017






Firstly I must apologies for these pictures. I'm really not happy with them, but I'm so short of time at the moment that I'm having to work with what I've got. It doesn't help that I mostly use natural lighting and it is so dreary at the moment. When I've got some time, and some decent lighting, I will definitely be re-shooting.

*Blog update: I have re-shot and I am much happier with the pictures now :) *

Anyway now that that's out of the way let's talk about my January favourites. January's a bit of a funny one, it starts off really happy and hopeful, then once all the new year's excitement wears off it's really dreary. I, however, had a fantastic month but that's a story for another post, it's favourites time... or was about two weeks ago, like I said I have no time at the moment.

Oliver Bonas Copper Pineapple Storage Pot - £24 from Oliver Bonas

I'd had this Oliver Bonas Copper Pineapple on my to buy list for ages, like nearly 2 years, before I got it.  It's just one of those things that I'd never got round to buying for myself.  Luckily I dropped a few hints that paid off because my dad and step-mum got it for me for Christmas. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I opened it, it was ridiculous, I was so excited!  I love it so much that to say I'm obsessed with it would be a huge understatement. I just think it's really cool and cute and all the good things. I've also used it in pretty much all of my instagram posts since I got it, although the particularly beady eyed amongst you might have already noticed that #spotthecopperpineapple

Jessie Cave Love Sick Desk Calendar - £6.99 from eBay

This was a Christmas present from my bestie and I love it. Like the copper pineapple it's really cool and has also been featured in nearly all my photos since I got it. It's amazing!  The drawings are really cute and it makes me laugh. Plus I'm pretty sure its impossible to flick through it without saying "HA! ME!" at least once.

Collection Speedy Blush Stick in Tickled Pink - £3.99 from Boots

I picked this up in a mad rush after I realised I'd forgotten to put on blusher one morning - my pale face really needs some colour added to it otherwise I look dead - and I have used it pretty much every day since. I like it a lot.  Its a lovely, very subtle rosy pink that adds a natural looking flush to the cheeks, and it has a really nice creamy formula that blends into the skin effortlessly without moving the makeup underneath. This now lives in my bag and I use it whenever my sallow skin needs perking up, which is surprisingly often.

Soap & Glory Thick and Fast HD Mascara High Definition Collagen Coat - £10.50 from Boots

I love this mascara! I've used it every day for the past month because it is so gosh darn good. Firstly, that packaging is dreamy, way more high end than high street. Secondly, it is just a really good mascara, the fluffy brush adds a ton of volume to the lashes but also defines and lengthens, and the inky black formula stays in place all day without flaking, crumbling or transferring. Love it.

Nude Pro-Genius Treatment Oil - £58 from Nude Skincare (not pictured)

At the beginning of the year my skin was in a terrible state. It was tight and red, with some really nasty dry patches that I couldn't get rid of. Not to mention the breakouts. Yay! Enter the miracle worker that is the Nude Pro-Genius Treatment Oil. I reached for this in a moment of desperation and have never looked back. It is amazing! Within a couple of days it had completely gotten rid of any tightness and dryness and had dramatically improved the appearance of my skin. I've ran out of it now, and my skin is looking like shit, so I will definitely by picking up the full size come pay day. It's liquid gold.

Essence The Gel Nail Polish in 87 Gossip Girl - £1.60 from Wilkinson

The past year or so has seen me kinda fall out of love with nail polish. I know I can barely believe it either seeing as I am the owner of a ridiculous nail polish collection that features over 200 nail polishes. Having said that I've recently been getting back into the habit of painting my nails and this is what I've been reaching for. Essence Gel Polishes are really good quality with such an incredibly low price point! The formula is easy to manage with good colour pay off and a plump, shiny finish. It even has good lasting power, and the colour, a cement grey, is really nice and very on trend.

The Dish (aka The Foodie's Guide to Falling in Love) by Stella Newman - paperback/kindle edition £67.99/£3.99 from Amazon

I can't remember if I've mentioned this book on here before or not but I re-read it a couple of weeks ago and I really, really enjoyed it. The Dish is about Laura, who is a  receptionist by day and a secret food critic by night. After giving a trendy new restaurant an awful review, fyi it totally deserved it, she meets Adam, who as well as being super hot and lovely is also the head chef at said restaurant. It's very light-hearted and sweet and is so easy to read. I read it in a couple of days, and  I loved it. I love the way Stella Newman writes. Newman is a food writer who can write really good chick-lit. and seriously the way she writes about food is amazing, mouthwateringly good. Prepare to get hungry when reading her books, especially when she talks about bread. You have been warned.

Estella Bartlett Stars So Bright Friendship Bracelet - £14 from Estella Bartlett

This was another Christmas present from my best friend Jade - she always buys me the nicest presents! She's such a good egg -  and I've worn it non-stop since she gave it to me. I have a bit of an obsession with stars so I'm so in love with this bracelet. It's so pretty. She knows me so well.

Elemis Hydra-Nourish Night Cream - £43 from John Lewis

This is another skin care product that has worked absolute wonders for my skin. It's a very rich, thick cream that feels so nice on the skin, It contains hyaluronic acid, so it's really hydrating and it leaves my skin feeling so nourished and looked after.  I've got really dry and sensitive skin, and if you have too the I would definitely recommend trying this out. I didn't react to it at all and it left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. It's lovely.

Jekyll & Hyde Original Cast Recording - £17.99 from iTunes

I have made no secret that I was, and still very much am, a massive musical theatre nerd at school - think Rachel Berry without the talent, and twice the pushy ambition! - Jekyll & Hyde is one of my favourite musicals, it's not very well known but it has the most incredible soundtrack. It's gorgeous. It's incredibly raw and powerful, and has a bit of a rock feel to it. It also features one of the most beautiful love songs ever (listen to it here). I've been listening to this loads recently and have completely fallen back in love with it. It's seriously amazing and wonderful and if you like musicals then you have to listen to it!

What are you loving right now? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins