Tuesday 6 September 2016

September Goals 2016


There's something about September, and the beginning of Autumn, that feels like the world's hit it's refresh button and everything is starting anew, I think it's because September is the start of the new school year. Anyway now seemed like the perfect time to set myself some goals to work towards and really spur me on through the rest of the year. Here they are.

Post all content on time

Recently my posting has been a bit... up and down to say the least. To be completely honest a lot of stuff I've been posting has been more because I've felt obligated to, rather than me wanting to share content that I'm really passionate about and have enjoyed making. Which is why I then end up missing posts, because I'm not happy with the stuff that I've done, or I just haven't been in the mood. I'll let you in on a guilty little secret: sometimes, more often than not at the moment, I've left taking my blog photos until the very last minute, which isn't like me at all. Lately I've been feeling really uninspired and I feel like I need to get my arse in gear. The most annoying thing is that when I can't blog -  like when I was on holiday and didn't have my laptop with me or when I don't have wifi, stuff like that - then it is all I want to do and I get a ton of ideas. So obviously it's something I care about very much and want to do, it's just the doing it. This month I would like to post all my content on time, my schedule is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, but more importantly I would like to be creating content that I love, have loved creating and that I'm proud of.

Learn to play a complete song on the guitar

I've been learning to play the guitar, and I can play a few songs, like the really easy ones, but there are a ton of songs that I can only play individual parts of and not all once, so they don't actually sound anything like the way their supposed to. Luckily it turns out I absolute love playing the guitar, I've been practising for hours everyday. So I'm really excited to try and add some more complex songs to my repertoire, and more importantly, to be able to play them the whole way through!

Change stone bracket

I'm back on the Slimming World wagon, and have lost 10 pounds! Whoop whoop! But I do still have quite a way to go until I reach my target. This month I want to change my stone bracket so I see a completely different number when I get on the scales. I think that will give me a real boost and spur me on to get closer to my target weight.

Do interval training on treadmill 


When my fitness programme was first set up I tried really hard, and I mean really hard, not only to impress my personal trainer, but to prove to myself that I could. That kind of ended up backfiring, because the interval training that I've been put on is really, really hard. It's 12 minutes long and those 12 minutes are impossible and so painful. I've never managed more than 8 minutes of it. Although I think that's partly because I am so sure I can't do it that I end up standing in my own way a bit. I'd really like to get over this hump just so I can say I did.

Post first Youtube video

I have been saying I want to start youtubing for years, but every time I have sat down and got my camera all set up to film I just freeze. I've done dress rehearsals where it's gone perfectly but the minute I turn the camera on I completely freak out. Completely! It is ridiculous! I think it's because it's quite a scary thing to put yourself out there on the internet, and that is all I can think about, when I'm staring into the lens of my camera and trying desperately to remember what it is that I wanted to say. I do have some footage, but it's full of so many 'umms' and 'ahhs' that it's unusable. I just need to get over the inevitable awkwardness of my first video and just get it done!

What are your goals for the month? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really loving your goals. I have some weightloss and blogging goals myself.
    Hoping I can lose 3kg i.e. 6 pounds. I also want to do youtube - mainly makeup videos for my blog - but I'm so nervous.

    www.tomikaydoesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I get it, YouTubing is so nerve wracking. Good luck with your goals and thanks for reading xx

      Delete

Latest pins