Tuesday 2 February 2016

NYX Mini Lip Haul & Review




A couple of weeks ago I was feeling really spendy - nothing new there - and found myself on the boots website, gazing lovingly at all the make up, when I stumbled across NYX. NYX is a brand I've heard a ton about but never tried, and as the reviews were universally positive, I figured it was definitely worth picking up a few bits. Before I knew it I was checking out with one of the Butter Lipsticks in the shade Moonlit Night and one of the Jumbo Lip Pencils in the shade Hera in my basket.

Moonlit Night is a deep, dark burgundy that looks way scarier in the bullet than it actually is. On the lips it's a vampy but wearable, red toned, berry shade. I'm totally in love with it. The formulation is lovely, very creamy and smooth, it applies well and the pigmentation is really good. The only downside is that I generally prefer my finishes matte because they last longer and this is a satin finish which means there is quite a bit of slip to it. It lasts reasonably well but doesn't really stick around for the long haul and it does need to be re-applied after eating or drinking. Another teeny tiny niggle I have is with the packaging, which I think is so cute BUT, and I don't know if this is just my one, but it's not very well made. When you twist the bullet up mine has the tendency to fall back down, which isn't great but not a deal breaker. Other than that I'm obsessed.

Hera is another kettle of fish entirely. A bright fuchsia with a blue toned shimmer running through it, it's way more sheer and doesn't apply as evenly as the lipstick. Even so it's really pretty and has a lovely smooth formula that makes application a breeze. On the upside I love the packaging, the design is really cute and great for just chucking in your bag. I like it a lot.

Apart from a few little bugbears I am super impressed, especially at such a low price point - the Butter Lipsticks retail at £5.50 & the Jumbo Lip Pencils at £5.00 - and I will definitely be picking up a few more come pay day.

Have you tried anything from NYX? What did you think? Any recommendations? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins