Wednesday 10 February 2016

January Non-Beauty Favourites 2016






Hi Guys! So you actually get a bonus post you lucky things. This was actually meant to go up last week but stuff happened and I didn't want to post anything - read more about that here) still better late than never. January is just a bit of a bleurgh kind of month really. After the excitement of the new year wears off it's depressing and cold and by the end of it there's still 330+ days until Christmas. That's why my Non-Beauty Favourites this month is made up of super cosy loungewear and internet stuff. Sorry should have put a spoiler alert. Awesome. Shall we get started?

New Look Unicorn Slippers - £7.00 from newlook.com

I got these for Christmas and they've been on my feet pretty much ever since. If I could get away with wearing them to work I definitely would. They are EVERYTHING. They're ridiculous, I know that, but they're amazing. 

Tu Teddy Bear Hoodie - from Sainsburys, no longer available online

Another one of my favourite Christmas presents is this super schnuggly sleep hoody. It's so warm and soft and it has teddy bear ears. It  actually doesn't get any better than that. The addition of animal ears makes everything better. I  actually haven't taken this off, I'm wearing it now. The second I get in from work it goes on, I've been wearing it over my clothes if I'm cold, I've been sleeping in it. It's ridiculous but I love it so, so much. 

Shay Mitchell - watch on youtube here

I mentioned Shay's youtube channel in a weekly round up a few weeks ago and it all still stands. Her videos are great and she is awesome. If you haven't checked her out yet you really should.

Wildfire by Rachel Platten - £7.99 from iTunes

I LOVE THIS ALBUM! I hate trying to describe music, it's not easy and I feel a bit like I'm repeating myself but it is a really good album. It's very pop-y and empowering, a bit like Taylor Swift's 1985 and I've been listening to it constantly. It's really good. 

Yankee Candle in Red Apple Wreath - £7.99 from yankeedirect.com

My sister picked this up for me just after Christmas and I've been burning it ever since. It smells absolutely gorgeous. It does smell a bit Christmassy, but seeing as I'm still not ready to let go of Christmas for another year just quite yet, I'm totally okay with that. It smells of apples and cinnamon and is very spicy and sweet but also fruity at the same time. When it's lit the scent is subtle but noticeable and gives a real cosy feel to the room, when it's not lit it makes my room smell like cinnamon rolls, which is amazing, either way I'm onto a winner. It also burns really evenly which I love, because it really annoys me when candles don't do that.  I love it.

Once Upon A Time - Streaming on netflix

I was really into the first season of Once Upon a Time a couple of years ago and then I just kind of forgot about it. Until recently when I got back into it and OH. EM. GEE. I have been missing out. Especially now that - the stunningly beautiful - Captain Hook is on the scene! What a babe! I'm hooked (ba dum tchh) It's so good. A must watch for disney fans.

Three Little Words by Jessica Thompson - £4.49 for Kindle edition, £6.99 for paperback both from amazon

Jessica Thompson is such an underrated author. I re-read this in January and I completely loved it. The title is somewhat misleading, you automatically think it's 'I love you' but it's actually 'I forgive you'.  On a cold February night Bryony's life changes forever when her boyfriend Max is murdered. The rest of the story deals with the aftermath of Max's murder and the importance of forgiveness told from several different perspectives. It's a beautiful story beautifully written.

What are you loving at the moment?  Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins