Thursday 11 February 2016

Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation Review




It's been a while since I changed up my foundation but with skin that can at best be described as tricksy, and at worst acne riddled, I thought it was about time I mixed it up when it comes to bases. And as my bestie - the Ann to my Lesley - has been raving about this stuff for ages, like seriously ages, I thought it was time to give it a try, PLUS there was a free gift so obviously I wasn't able to resist.

So let's get down to the nitty gritty. Miracle Touch is a compact foundation that comes in a small glass tub with a black lid that plays host to a very basic make up sponge. I understand why it has to be stored this way, due to the super thick formulation of the product, but I have to say really not a lover of the packing. It doesn't feel particularly hygienic to dip my fingers into something I'm putting on my face, regardless of how clean they definitely are... but maybe that's just me.

The product itself is lovely, it has a really thick, almost waxy formula in the pan but when applied to the skin it becomes really liquid-y - I'm sure there's a better way of saying that.. fluid maybe? No not fluid! - and applies seamlessly. I've found the best way to apply it is with fingers, because they warm up the product and really work it into the skin but it does apply nicely with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush as well, shockingly I haven't used the sponge.

The formulation itself is lovely, it gives excellent coverage without looking cakey or giving you creepy-mask face. It's also really buildable, so you don't necessarily need a concealer, you can just pile this on the places that need extra coverage. The finish is also really nice, particularly for something this high coverage. I would expect it to be quite matte and a bit flat but it's actually quite dewy and fresh looking. Really my only complaint is the packaging, which is pants, but seriously other than that it's a great foundation.

Have you tried Max Factor's Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation? What did you think? If not what foundation are you loving right now? Anything I should be trying? What are you loving at the moment?  Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins