Thursday 6 August 2015

Rimmel Hydrating BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up in Light: Review

Rimmel Hydrating BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up in Light - £4.99 from Tesco 




Rimmel's Hydrating BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Make Up is a light weight, BB cream that claims to prime, moisturise, protect, cover, conceal, mattify, brighten, smooth the skin and minimise the appearance of pores. It promises a lot and to be honest it doesn't really deliver. 

Developed for an Asian market BB Creams were originally designed specifically to target blemishes, protect the skin from further breakouts whilst acting as a base for make up and also whitening the skin. Since coming to the UK the formulations have been redesigned for a Western market and most BB Creams have become glorified tinted moisturisers, and Rimmel's BB Cream is no exception. 

I was on the look out for something a bit more light weight that would be gentler on my skin and still give me a decent amount of coverage, because trust me my skin needs it! I'd tried Rimmel's Mattifying BB Cream and had been impressed by both the coverage and longevity it provided. This time I decided to try out the hydrating formula because my skin does tend to be on the drier side of things, but this just doesn't have any coverage. At all.  It's basically a tinted moisturiser but the tint doesn't transfer to the skin. It looks like I'm not wearing anything, not in a 'no make up' make up kind of way but in an actually not wearing a stitch of make up kind of way. I wore this to work one day and people kept asking if I was ill!

Not only is the pigmentation poor and and the coverage really disappointing but the formula overall is lacking. When first out of the tube it looks quite mousse-y, there's a lot of air in there, and the texture is both quite liquid-y but also feels like it's been whipped. Which to me just feels a bit weird. It's also not very hydrating and the entire shade range across the BB Creams is really limited, having just three shades: Light, Medium and Dark. I picked up Light and whilst the colour match is good for me, they could certainly do with adding more for those with darker skin tones. Having said that I think on the right person this could be nice and natural looking but personally I need way more coverage than this BB Cream provides. I was really disappointed. Especially as Rimmel Foundations are some of the best on the High Street and among some of my absolute favourites.

Have you tried out Rimmel's Hydrating BB Cream 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up? What did you think? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also have a look at my instagramfacebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins