Tuesday 11 August 2015

Bedside Beauty

I don't know about you but when it comes to taking my make up off I can be super lazy, and I prefer to do it in bed. So I have to keep all my lotions and potions handy. For today's post I thought I would give you guys a sneak peek at the beauty bits I keep on my bedside table.



No 7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make Up Remover - £8.50 from Boots This isn't my favourite eye make up remover, nothing beats DHC Cleansing Oil, but it gets the job done. It's a bi-phase formula that easily removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner, however it does feel quite greasy which I don't like and it does pull on the skin quite a bit but like I said it gets the job done. 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - 400ml for £3.33 (on offer) from Boots I have ranted and raved about Garnier's Micellar Water till the cows came home, went to bed and told me to keep the noise down. I love it. Especially when it comes in these uber-cute handbag sizes. Simply put it's a really nice cleanser, it gently removes all traces of make up and feels really refreshing on the skin. Speaking of refreshing...

Olay Essentials Refreshing Toner - £2.89 from Boots I have really sensitive skin so I have to be so careful with what I put on my skin. I've found some toners to be too harsh for my skin but this one is really mild and refreshing on the skin whilst getting rid of any remaining traces of make up/dirt and oil. It also smells quite nice which is always a bonus. 

Olay Essentials Beauty Fluid for Sensitive Skin - £5.99 from Boots (not pictured) Olay's Beauty Fluid is my favourite drug store moisturiser. It's really light weight and absorbs into the skin so easily leaving my skin feeling soft and hydrated. It's my go to moisturiser for when my skin is acting up because it doesn't clog my pores or make my skin feel greasy. It's a really nice moisturiser.

Rose & Co Patisserie De Bain Sweet as Cherry Pie Hand Cream - £3.99 from Superdrug This hand cream is all kinds of dreamy. It's a really sweet smelling hand cream that keeps my poor, hand sanitiser abused paws in good nick. The packaging is beautiful, that red gingham is adorable, and it smells beautiful.

Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick - £2.59 from Boots This is my favourite targeted blemish treatment. I like to keep it handy as I like to I dot it on to any offending blemishes before bed so it can get to work overnight. Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that dries up spots and breaks down any excess oils and pesky spot causing bacteria without being too harsh on the skin.  It can be a bit drying but other than that it's actually quite gentle. I love it. 

Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner - £2.69 from Boots Another favourite, this lip balm is so moisturising. I put a layer on my lips last thing at night and can still feel it working it's magic the next morning. It's a thick, vaseline like texture that absorbs into the lips really quickly and makes them feel so nourished and super soft, with the added bonus of smelling like mint and vanilla. It's magic in a teeny little pot. I love it. 

This Works Sleep Balm - £12.00 from This Works It's no secret round these parts that I'm a rubbish sleeper,  its well documented. Now I don't know if this actually works or if theres something of a placebo effect at play here, either way This Works Sleep Balm does help me get a better nights sleep. When I first got it I wasn't impressed (read more about that here) but since then I've found that the scent is really calming and soothes me into a better nights sleep.  I just dab it on my pulse points and under my nose and relaaaaaax.

The Body Shop Deep Sleep Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist (not available online but I think might still be available in store.) I've been using this spray for years and I love it! Like the This Works Sleep Balm it smells amazing, it has an almost citrus-y scent, and really soothes my frazzled, troubled mind. Containing Jujube Date Extract (nope I don't know what that is either) and Chamomile Oil its really calming and helps me to relax and catch some extra shut eye. 

What beauty bits do you keep on your bedside table? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins