Sunday 1 February 2015

2014 Non Beauty Favourites, Part 3: Books & Music


At last we come to the end of my 2014 Favourites, it only took all of January but hey ho! Now this post is probably gonna be on the longer, ramblier side of things. I love books and I love music so I'll try to keep this short and sweet but you've been warned, it may get lengthy.

Love Rosie (Where Rainbows End) by Cecelia Ahern



I read this back in the summer, before I saw the film (which I also loved), and I loved it so much I read it twice. It's just such a lovely story. For those who don't know Love Rosie is about childhood best friends Alex and Rosie told through emails and letters as they grow up and life gets in the way of things. I loved it, a lot. 

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



I read this over Christmas and completely loved it. We Were Liars tells the story of the seemingly perfect Sinclaire family who spend every summer together on a private island owned by the family patriarch. BUT all is not what it seems. I seriously loved it, I read it in a day because I couldn't put it down. It is so beautifully written and a really good story. If you do read it make sure you have some tissues to hand because it gets really sad.




This is one of my favourite books, I read it at least 5 times last year because it is that good. I've definitely talked about it on here before so I won't bang on about it too much just trust me it is an incredible book, made all the more impressive considering its Cotugno's first one, and well worth a read. I seriously love it. 

I reviewed this ages ago when I first read it so I won't go on about it. I love it because Mindy is my favourite everything and it is laugh out loud funny. 

Delicious by Ruth Reichl


Another book I read over Christmas and loved. Delicious!  is about aspiring food writer Billie Breslin as she moves to New York and starts working at Delicious! magazine. It doesn't sound great but trust me it's such a good book. It is so well written. If this book was a cake I would eat the whole thing in one go because it's amazing.  

Those were the books I was loving last year, now onto music. It's no secret that I'm a music lover, I could talk about music I like all the live long day... I won't but I could. Anyway instead of boring you with random music things that only I would care about I'm just gonna give you a rundown of the Top 6 songs I loved last year. I can't imagine that any of these will come as a surprise.





Kodaline -  Latch 



Twin Shadow - To The Top



Jake Bugg -  Broken



The 1975 - Robbers



Karen Gillan's cover of Chandelier from Selfie




I've definitely mentioned some of these songs on here before but I was basically listening to them on repeat for pretty much the entire year. You'll notice that there is a recurring theme here are two songs they're all heartbreakingly sad BUT they're all amazing and  sad  songs are just my favourite kind of song. There are two by Kodaline and that's because I was, and am, obsessed with them and their first album In a Perfect World and I just couldn't decide which was my favourite out of the two. 

Those were my favourite books and songs from last year but I want to know what were yours? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also while you're at it check out my instagram, facebook, BlogLovin & pinterest

You lovely people have a fabulous week and I'll see you soon. 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx

Images Via , Via, Via, Via, Via

*Disclaimer* I own  nothing, all images and videos used for entertainment purposes only. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins