Thursday 5 February 2015

Lola Loves...Berry Lips

Those of you who follow me on instagram will know that I'm no stranger to a berry lip. It's pretty much my go to look, regardless of the weather. If I'm feeling a berry lip in the middle of summer you better believe I'm slapping on a berry lip, so when winter rolls around all bets are off and berry is the ONLY colour to grace my lips.  

Now Christmas is long since over but Winter is far from releasing it's icy grip on us here in the UK. So my love affair with the berry lip continues. 

I've put together a rundown of my Top 9 Berry lipsticks. I wanted to keep it to 5 but it just wasn't happening 


Clockwise from Middle Left: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #128 Starry Eyed, Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in #30, Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in #107, L’Oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive in Blake’s Pure Red, Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint in Black Cherry, Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in #310 Berry Much, Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #1 Seduction, Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #3 Revenge, Soap & Glory Super Colour Matte Lipstick in Pom Pom. 


L-R: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in #30Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #1 Seduction, Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint in Black Cherry, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #128 Starry Eyed, Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in #107, Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #3 Revenge, Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in #310 Berry Much, Soap & Glory Super Colour Matte Lipstick in Pom Pom & L’Oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive in Blake’s Pure Red.

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in #30

This is quite possibly my favourite of the bunch, the colour is a beautiful, red toned berry shade with a lovely moisturising formula. It has ok lasting power, not great but certainly not bad, so whilst it does need to be reapplied after eating or drinking it is worth it because the colour is so lovely. 


Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #1 Seduction

Another lipstick that I absolutely love - I have two of them, this is the level of adoration we're talking about here - the colour is a stunning pink toned berry with a matte finish (I love a matte finish), the formula is lovely, not at all drying and has decent lasting power. What more could you want for less than a fiver?! 

Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint in Black Cherry

This isn't a lipstick I reach for very much but when I do I'm always pleasantly surprised at how pretty it is. The colour is a really intense, dark purple in the bullet but when applied is a lovely red toned wine shade that looks so pretty on the lips. The formula is not that great, the finish is quite matte, and this is definitely more drying that the others, but nothing a slick of lip balm before application can't fix. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #128 Starry Eyed

This is  the most brown toned of all the lipsticks I own and the only one in this list with a super glossy finish, which is probably why I don't reach for it as much. Having said that it has a lovely, moisturising formula  and the colour itself is quite pigmented and a really lovely deep berry. It's not as long lasting as the others and needs to be reapplied after eating or drinking but overall it's a nice lipstick.


Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in #107


Rimmel's #107 is one of my all time favourites, and something of a cult fave among beauty bloggers. I am so in love with this lipstick. When it comes to highstreet lippie you just can't beat Kate Moss's collection for Rimmel. You just can't. The colour is a really stunning, red toned burgundy with a matte finish. The formula is long lasting, it does need a tiny bit of touching up after food but doesn't dry out my lips at all

Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in #3 Revenge


When applied directly from the bullet this colour looks almost black on the lips and is way too dark for me, but when applied with a lip brush it is such a pretty wine red. However this does mean it's not convenient for reapplication when you're out and about but the formula is nice, moisturising with reasonable lasting powers (not amazing, but certainly not bad) and the colour is lovely when applied right. 

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in #310 Berry Much

This could quite possibly be my favourite lipstick, it is certainly my favourite lipstick discovery of last year.  The Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil is BEAUTIFUL! The formula is incredible, it is creamy but so long lasting, you can eat and drink and it will not budge.  Like not even a little bit.  It has a really lovely, velvety matte finish  but is not even remotely drying. It is so comfortable on the lips that 9 times out of 10 I forget that I'm wearing it.  Plus the colour is  a really wearable berry red that I just love. 


Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker  Matte Lipstick in Pom Pom


I love this lipstick! The colour is a really wearable pink toned plum that looks beautiful on the lips. Now I'm not gonna lie to you it is drying and the wear time is not the best but the colour is beautiful and super wearable and smells like vanilla and happiness so I think it's worth it. 

L’Oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive in Blake’s Pure Red


Now I know that this is red but on me it's more of a red toned berry than a regular red. It's blue toned with a finish that is somewhere between matte and satin with a really nice formula that is both moisturising and long lasting. I love it. 

These are my favourite berry/winter lipsticks, what are yours? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter or by dropping me an email lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin and pinterest if you like pictures of dogs :D (I DO!) 

 That's me for today but I'll be back on Sunday with my January Favourites.

Until then have yourselves a great weekend  and I'll see you soon. 

Love love love xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins