Sunday 15 February 2015

W7 In The Buff Eyeshadow Pallet: A Review

 
L-R: W7 In the Buff, In the Nude & In the Buff: Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow Palettes.

In the Buff





W7 In the Nude





In the Buff: Lightly Toasted





Being a fourth year student it's no secret that I'm seriously strapped for cash. Annoying (and boring) expenses like rent and food seriously eat into my income, so my make up tends to be almost exclusively from the high street with a few high end treasures. Luckily I've become quite adept at knowing a decent dupe when I see one, no prizes for guessing which pallets these beauties are a dupe of (pssst... it's the Urban Decay Naked pallets) 

I’ve been having a bit of a moment with these pallets lately because they're kind of amazing. All three pallets are really good quality, particularly considering I only paid £5.99 for each of them. Each pallet is made up of 12 shadows, with the majority being satiny shimmers but with a few mattes thrown in. My favourite is In the Buff: Lightly Toasted, a dupe for the Naked 1 pallet, because it's beautiful! The shadows are warm toned, and has everything from shimmery taupes, rich chocolatey browns, dark purples and smokey greys. It does everything  but it's really good for creating the most incredible smokey eyes (and we all know I LOVE a smokey eye). Having said that I get a lot of wear out of all three pallets. 

The shadows in In the Buff are cool toned neutrals that create everything from a really subtle day time look, to a super smokey evening look. In the Nude is probably the least wearable of the three due to the pink tone of the shadows but they're still lovely and look really pretty just swept across the lid. 

The shadows are soft and blend beautifully. They last really well on the lid, are nicely pigmented and don't crease. Now they're not perfect, I won't lie to you lovely people, like all of us they have their faults, the texture leans slightly more towards the chalky side of things rather than buttery and there's quite a bit of fall out when applying, also the packaging isn't great - my Lightly Toasted pallet's broken already! -  but that's to be expected when they cost as little as they do. Overall they're really, really good for the price. 

Have you tried any of the W7 In the Buff/Nude Pallets? Or the Naked pallets for that matter? Tweet me @lolarocknroses, comment below or drop me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest

Love love love xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins