Sunday 20 March 2016

The Weekly Round Up #13: T.K. Maxx bargains, An 80p Wonder Concealer, Afternoon Tea & Accidentally Turning 3








Happy first day of Spring lovely people! Spring feels like it's been a really long time coming this year but at last! It's here. Let the pimms, picnics and general giddiness for summer commence. But before we get too excited let's talk about the last week shall we?

Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Vent Glacé - £5.99 from T.K Maxx instore

You guys know that the beauty aisle at T.K. Maxx is my spiritual home. I make weekly trips to see if I can unearth any hidden gems, and I always do. This week I found the holy grail... an undamaged Nars eyeshadow duo. For £5.99. This duo is worth £25 and I paid £5.99. I'll let that sink in. I've only swatched it on the back of my hand but so far so good. The colours aren't as pigmented as I would like, especially for such a luxury brand as Nars, but they are very pretty and would look really nice washed over the lid for a more subtle day look.

Primark P.S. Concealer in Light - £0.80 from Primark

The general consensus for Primark's PS make up range is that it's seriously good stuff with a seriously low price tag. Honestly I haven't tried much of it BUT what I have tried I've loved. I'm a big fan of their nail polish and the nail polisher remover twist pot. So when I was in Primark last weekend and spotted the make up stand I thought it was definitely worth a look. This concealer jumped out at me, as someone with acne ridden skin I'm always on the hunt for concealer, and at just 80p it was definitely worth a try. It is so good, maybe one of the best concealers I have ever come across. and it cost less than £1! It gives really good coverage and is creamy without being too thick or feeling too heavy on the skin. It does crease under the eyes slightly, but really not very much, and the colour is an excellent match for me. I've been back and bought more, that's how good it is! Try it and let me know what you think. 

On Saturday me and my sister took our mum to The Sugar Boutique Cupcakery in Knebworth for an Alice in Wonderland themed afternoon tea for her Mother's Day treat. I'll be putting up a more detailed post next week but for now I will tell you that it was incredible and let the pictures say the rest.

On 10th March 2016 my blog turned 3, and I didn't even notice! I knew my three year blog-aversary was coming up but couldn't remember the actual date. By the time it occurred to me to check, it had been and gone, making me feel like the worst blog mother ever. So I'm wishing my small corner of the Internet a belated, but very Happy Birthday! And will happily eat the cupcake I bought for it.  I will have some exciting stuff coming up in the next few weeks to celebrate but until then you can read my first ever post here and I'll be quietly cringing in a corner.

How's your week been? Let me know in the comments below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins