Thursday 24 March 2016

5 Great Pieces of Advice

                      

When it comes to giving advice I am the Queen Mother of All, I can dole out tea and sympathy and free hugs with the best of them. When it comes to taking it... not so much. However there are 5 great pieces of advice that I have been given in my life that I've really taken on board and you should too. Really they're too good not to share.

1. Never let someone else's behaviour change yours.

My Granddad was a very, very wise man, and he is the source of most of this advice, just fyi. Everyday he would walk to the shop for milk and everyday he would deal with the really rude shop owner. Regardless of how horrible this person was, and believe me he was not a pleasant man, my Granddad would always say hello, ask him how he was and say thank you. Someone's behaviour does not impact yours. Do not let someone nasty change you. Be a source of positivity and happiness even when others aren't. 

2. Don't judge someone else's best by yours. 

Again this comes from my Granddad, like I said he was incredibly wise. What you think is trying your best may not be the same for someone else. Someone else's best may not be as good as yours. Your own personal standards will differ from others. To you it may seem that that person has made absolutely no effort whatsoever but that person may feel like they've tried they're hardest. You can't hold people to your standards when their standard's will be different. You can only set an example. 

3.  Don't compare yourself to other people 

This is one that gets thrown around the Internet a lot but it's so important! Honestly I'm really not qualified to offer this particular piece of advice because I compare myself to others all the damn time (right now I'm hating on myself for not being born Laura Michelle Kelly, google her!) and I always find myself lacking when I compare myself to others. It's a toxic behaviour that brings nothing good to my life, but that doesn't stop me. I get how hard it is to not compare yourself to others, it makes you feel terrible, but it's kind of addictive. Remember: to compare is to despair! I'll stop if you will.

4. Be kind, just to be kind

Kindness is seriously underrated. People aspire to be famous, or rich, or clever but not a lot of people aspire to be kind. Being kind just for the sake of being kind, in my opinion, is one of the best traits a person can have. Being nice to people isn't hard, even if those people suck. You don't have to like everyone, and you're certainly not going to, but being nice, even to those you don't particularly like, is so important. It costs you nothing to be kind and yet it is so valuable.

5. Give yourself time

Everything in life, and I mean everything, takes time. Good things take time. Relationships, dreams, careers they don't just happen. Give yourself time to work out who you are and what you want and then work for it. That's what I'm doing. Believe me I do not have my life together, not even a little bit. If you want to know what it feels like to be me, don't know why you would, but imagine feeling like your skirt is tucked into your knickers all the time and BINGO! That's pretty much it in a nutshell really. At the moment my life is eat, sleep, day job, blog, repeat. It's not glamorous but it's all part of the process. I'm giving myself time, you should too.

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? Let me know in the comments below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

*Disclaimer*: I do not own the featured image, image used for entertainment purposes only. Image Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins