Sunday 13 March 2016

The Weekly Round Up #12: Too Faced, Max Factor Mascara & Music Obsessions





It's been another long week and honestly I'm really not looking forward to starting another one. Why is Friday night so close to Monday morning but Monday morning is so far away from Friday night? :( Hey ho I'll power through. Anyway before Monday morning can rear it's ugly head let's talk about some of the things I was loving this week.

Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Flexible Coverage Concealer in Vanilla - £9.00 (on offer, down from £15.00) from Too Faced

I picked this up in T.K Maxx for the bargainous price of £4.00 and have been showing it a lot of love ever since. It's an excellent colour match for me, it's very covering with a formula that is very liquid-y but also creamy. However it's not perfect, I don't use it under my eyes because it does tend to crease and if not blended out really well then it can look quite cakey. Having said that the coverage is fantastic and a little really does go a long way. I've found that the best way to apply it is to dot it on before my foundation and then blend in with the Real Techniques Contouring Brush, which I've been loving for concealer lately. This way it doesn't cake or crease but still gives me the desired coverage. I like it a lot but I have seen some negative reviews online so I think it might be a bit of a marmite product. Let me know what you think if you've tried it.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Brown Black - £10.99 from Boots

I discovered this mascara a while back, before Christmas actually, but have been using it a ton lately.  I was really disappointed when I first got it because I accidentally picked it up in the wrong colour and was a bit put off by how brown it looks in the tube but it looks pretty black on the lashes so it's all good. Personally I don't think that it lives up to it's promise of a false lash effect because it makes my lashes look really natural. It's one I reach for on no make up make up days because the thick rubber wand really lengthens and defines the lashes but doesn't give them any volume at all. It just looks like I'm having a really good lash day, still I've been wearing it a lot lately because it is a good mascara.

So onto the music. Over the last couple of weeks I have been really obsessing over two bands that I used to nurse major obsessions for in my angsty, over eyelinered teenage years. And then I completely forgot about one of them and the other one I've always loved but recently recovered my intense appreciation for. The first one is the All-American Rejects, the second is The Killers. I used to seriously love the All-American Rejects! The obsession with Tyson Ritter and his beautiful blue eyes was so real when I was 16. I've been listening to their first album Move Along a lot. Like a LOT a lot. It Ends Tonight is such a good song. Other favourite songs of theirs are Swing Swing (obviously), Gives You Hell and Dance Inside. As for The Killers, I LOVE them. Always have. Their albums just get better and better. I've been showing Battle Born and Direct Hits a lot of love lately. I'd definitely recommend giving Battle Born, Runaways, The Way it Was, Here with Me, Miss Atomic Bomb - you know what just listen to the entire Battle Born album, because it is seriously great. 

What have you been up to this week? Let me know in the comments below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins