Sunday 21 June 2015

May Favourites 2015

Hi Guys. Long time no blog! Sorry for the absence folks! Life has been particularly hectic lately but finally all the messy, stressy uni stuff is over (just my dissertation left now!) and I can get down to the serious business of telling you guys my May Favourites, even though it's nearly time for my June Favourites. Oh well.



DHC Deep Cleansing Oil


For those of you who don't know - because I didn't -DHC is a Japanese Skin Care company that primarily uses Virgin Olive Oil in it's products. As someone with super sensitive, occasionally dry, blackhead prone skin I'm super wary of oils, BUT this is amazing. It removes my make up so quickly and so gently whilst nourishing the skin. I'll need to get the full size soon because it's so good. it has made taking my make up off a 30 second job and for that, and so many other reasons, I love it. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25Hr Nude Skin Perfecting Medium Coverage Foundation in 100 Ivory



This is my new favourite drugstore foundation! Because it. is. awesome! I've actually tried most of Rimmel's foundations and this is my favourite by far. It gives great medium to full coverage, that is covering but in no way cakey, with a dewy-matte finish that I can't quite put my finger on but looks so good, all glowy and fresh faced which I love.  At this point it doesn't sound like it can get any better right? Wrong! The shade match is perfect for me, it lasts ages and it has a ridiculously low price point. Obsessed.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in 011 Bluffing



I was using this eyeshadow stick throughout May because it's so quick and easy to use but looks really good. I'm not the most organised of people so this is a god send for the mornings when I just don't have my sh*t together (which is every morning just fyi) I just pop it on to the lid, blend out, put on some eyeliner, finish off with mascara and I'm done in like a minute. It is the easiest eye make up look ever but still looks like you've made an effort. It has a really lovely formula, creamy yet long lasting it and once it sets in place it seriously does not budge. Love it. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown




It seems that everyone, their mothers and their mothers mothers is obsessed with Anastasia Beverly Hills' brow products so I was eager to see what all the fuss was about... and let me tell you there's a reason it has reached cult status! It's incredible! The formula is seriously good; creamy but not so creamy that there's any movement or slippage but malleable enough to give your brows the shape and definition that you want whilst staying in place all day. Plus you really only need a tiny bit so a 4g pot lasts forever, making it's £15 price tag a total bargain. 

I'll be honest I was a little bit scared of this particular product because the colour is quite dark, but it actually works really well for me as my hair is a lot darker than my brows. I have the shade Medium Brown which is the perfect balance of ashiness and warmth to darken my brows without making them look ridiculous. However the colour range they have is immense! So it's definitely worth checking out on that basis alone.I am seriously in love! ❤️ 

Essence I ❤️ Extreme Crazy Crazy Volume Mascara & Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara




I  was absolutely loving this mascara combination last month! The Essence mascara has an enormous plastic brush that packs some serious volume but has the slightest tendency to clump, while the Rimmel mascara has a finer plastic brush that combs through the lashes, removing clumpage and adding definition and length. Together they give super volumised, long, defined lashes. Amazing.

Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush in 03 Rose Tender


This is my favourite blush to use in the warmer months, when summertime rolls around I am all about the cream formulas because they stay in place just that much better when things are all sweaty and gross (I went there, sorry). This has a really lovely cream to powder formula with a beautifully smooth velvety finish. The colour is a pretty rose pink, suited to us english rose  types (read pasty and pale) leaving just a flush of colour on the cheeks.  It applies so easily too, I just dab it onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it out with my fingers, so simple yet so pretty. 

Twinings Velvety Vanilla Flavour Chai Latte




This, and I am not exaggerating here, is the most incredible tea to ever grace my teapot. It is delicious! We all know that I'm a bit of a  tea enthusiast/obsessive but I'd never tried Chai Tea before and OMG have I been missing out. It is amazing! Essentially it's a black tea spiced with cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, loads of other yummy spices and in this case vanilla. It's so delicious and I'm annoyed at myself for not having tried it sooner. - Side note: if anyone would be interested in a 'Tea Collection' post let me know, all contact details can be found below - Also, and I know this is a bit weird but the packaging is beautiful! Like it's gorgeous. Sadly it's limited edition so I've been panic buying it because it's that good! I'll be really sad when I can't get it anymore. I've even tweeted Twinings asking them to make it part of their permanent collection but no dice.




I know I'm such a loser! :)

Always the Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk 


Lindsey Kelk is one of my fave chick lit writers! I was obsessed with her I Heart series and have read and enjoyed all her other books too so when Always the Bridesmaid came out I was eager to get my paws on it and have a read. I really enjoyed it, it's funny with some sweet moments and the main character Maddie is really relatable. Definitely a good beach read for anyone heading off on holiday anytime soon. 

The Last Five Years 


You guys know what a hopeless romantic I am! This stunning musical tugs at my heartstrings and makes me feel all the feels (read more about that here). Starring the amazing/wonderful/awesome/epic Anna Kendrick and Broadway Baby/Smash alumn Jeremy Jordan The Last Five Years tells the story of Cathy and Jamie's relationship from the wonderful beginning to the heartbreaking end. It's incredible! Just make sure you have the Kleenex handy because it's a bit of a tear jerker. 

Geordie Shore



If you follow me on twitter you'll know that I've been absolutely loving Geordie Shore this month. It's a total guilty pleasure but I'm OBSESSED! It's hilarious! I seriously love it and I'm so gutted that this series is over and I have to wait for the next one #ChazForever

I know it's a bit late but what were your May Favourites? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check me out on instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - and pinterest for regular updates.

Again Guys I'm sorry this is so late, things are finally slowing down and settling back to normal now so I will be posting as normal from now on. I'll be back on Tuesday.

Love love love xxx

Images Via, Via


(I own all images except those of The Last Five Years and Geordie Shore. These images were used for entertainment purposes only)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins