Tuesday 23 June 2015

What's In My Handbag: A Summer Wedding


Wedding season is upon us and one of the reasons I've not been blogging lately was due to my brother's wedding. So I thought I'd make it up to you guys by sharing my wedding guest essentials with you lovely lot! Now there may have been the slightest chance that I was a little bit... over-prepared shall we say? The words 'No Lauren you can't take a sleeping bag to your brother's wedding!' may have been used when I was getting ready. Still better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it... I think.

First off let's talk about the bag itself. I wore ivory and neon pink to the wedding and was looking for a matching clutch bag for absolutely ages until I spotted this little beauty on ASOS (you can get it here). It's the Lisa Long Frame Clutch in Pink from New Look at ASOS. It's a really pretty, textured, faux leather bag with gold detailing and a chain strap. It went with my outfit perfectly and was big enough to hold everything I wanted to take with me without looking bulky. I love it.


So what was in this beautiful clutch bag I hear you ask?  Well let's start with the basics.

ID, Money & Keys



Now I know these all seem really obvious but when it comes to weddings normal rules don't seem to apply. Even if it's an open bar money is essential at a wedding, even if it's just for the taxi home at the end of the night. ID again essential, if like me you are cursed/blessed with a baby face then you need it! I get ID'd for absolutely everything (including a dvd of Madagascar for my nephew. True story) and the last thing you want is to be caught short without your ID when everyone else is knocking back the champers. Last but not least keys, yes they may jingle at inappropriate times during the ceremony but that is a risk you're gonna have to take. I mean how else are you supposed to get into the house after? My mum actually left hers at home so it was bloody lucky I had mine with me or we'd have been stuck.  

Deoderant & Sunglasses


Let's be real now people, no one wants to be a Sweaty Betty at a summer wedding, especially if you're there for the whole day rather than just the evening and/or you're wearing a sleeveless dress. For my brother's wedding I was both so I had to be prepared. ALWAYS BE PREPARED! This Right Guard deoderant is really good because it keeps you protected from any odour (ergh I hate that word!) but doesn't stain your clothes, it also has quite sleek packaging so it's not too bulky and fit into my bag easily. Sunglasses are another necessity because no one wants to be squinting in the sunshine or the wedding photos. These ones I think are from Primark from about 3 years ago but they kept the sun out of my eyes and matched my outfit perfectly. Winner.

Make Up Pouch


Make Up Pouch containing: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Warm Medium, Concealer Brush, Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bluffing, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong, Bourjois Cream Blush in Rose Tender, L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara, MAC Eyeliner in Feline, Eclipse by Ghost Perfume Rollerball, Tissues, a hairband, Superdrug Non Slip All Day Hold Hair Grips, Patisserie De Bain Cranberries & Cream Hand Cream, Superdrug Antibacterial Hand Gel & painkillers.

Okay so this is where it starts to look like overkill and I look a little bit... cray! I told you I like to be prepared. Basically I am the most hopeless of hopeless romantics and I always, ALWAYS cry at weddings. It doesn't even matter whose wedding it is I'll still be a bit misty eyed before the brides even down the aisle. However this particular wedding was my older brother's, I was expecting, and preparing for, a full scale meltdown.

This little make up pouch was a gift from my mum's friend, I think it came from Superdrug, and whilst I'm not crazy about the design, the size is perfect for popping all my make up and odds and ends in without cluttering up my bag. Everything I packed was to make sure that I could deal with the tears during the ceremony and then touch up my make up after. I also took painkillers just in case, hairband/hairgrips if I lost control of my hair, a perfume roller ball in case my perfume wore off, hand sanitiser because I actually can't go anywhere without it and hand cream to stop my hands drying out. I also left a bottle of suncream in the car and took a cereal bar with me in case I got hungry before the meal. 

So I may have been a little bit over-prepared...

Phone, Phone Lead & Portable Phone Charger 


The iPhone is a smart phone with a stupid battery, how they've developed a phone that can quite literally do anything BUT has the average battery life of under a day is beyond me! I'm kind of the family photographer, it's not an official title, but I'm the most snap happy and take all of my photos on my phone, which drains the battery like crazy. Taking my charger meant I could take pictures to my heart's content without worrying about my phone suddenly dying.

Looking back I may have been a tad over-enthusiastic in my preparation.This is just what I take to a wedding imagine how equipped I am for a zombie apocalypse (JK I'm totally not prepared for that!)

What do you take with you when you go to a wedding? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins