Sunday 28 June 2015

Lemon Water Recipe




The last couple of weeks have left me feeling really blergh! Bad food, too much alcohol and not nearly enough fruit or sleep has left me feeling sh*t. I've been bloated and tired and just... blerrrgh! So I've started a bit of a detox and have been drinking lemon water first thing in the morning to flush out all the toxins and I'm feeling so much better for it.

Now before we get started I know it's a bit ridiculous to post a recipe for lemon water, what with it literally being lemon juice and water, but I thought I'd share my - for lack of a better word - recipe and some of the insanely awesome health benefits with you lovely lot.

Drinking lemon water is super, super good for you because it turns out lemons are pretty much the best things ever. Drinking one glass of lemon water a day flushes out toxins, aids digestion, helps to fight infection/diseases, strengthens the immune system, reduces joint pain, prevents eye problems and maintains general eye health and most importantly (in my opinion) fights wrinkles and prevents acne! All that from one glass of the stuff! Lemons are pretty much the Superman of the fruit world - there's a sentence I never thought I'd say! 

If you don't drink lemon water and want to give it a try here's how I make it.

You'll need:

The juice from 1/2 a lemon OR 2 x tablespoons of concentrated lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon honey
Hot & cold water

1. Add lemon juice to a cup or glass. (Side note: if you're using the juice from a lemon microwave the lemon for 30 seconds before cutting it you get way more juice that way!)

2.  Fill glass two thirds of the way with hot water.

3. Add honey.

4. Top up with cold water, stir and drink.

I add honey for sweetness, to cut through the sharp sourness of the lemon but honey also has a laundry list of health benefits so it's all good.

Have you tried lemon water? If not then give this a go and let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses and pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins