Sunday 12 April 2015

My Biggest Beauty Bores

Before I get started on my biggest beauty bores I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for the really lovely response I had to my last post (if you haven’t read it yet you can here.) It’s really scary to put something like that out into the weird and wonderful but terrifying place that is in the internet but you lot have made me so glad that I did.

Right mushy part over let’s talk beauty bores. We all have them, the parts in our beauty routine that are way more chore than treat.


Dyeing my hair.


For the past 4 years my hair has been a vibrant cherry red. It is hands down the best hair decision I ever made BUT it is a Bitch, with a capital B, to maintain. Right now I have about an inch of mousey brown roots on display and it’s driving me crazy but the fact of the matter is I just can’t be bothered. I HATE dyeing my hair. The only thing I hate more than dyeing my hair is having visible roots so I’ll definitely be giving them a touch up soon. But it is such a ball-ache, it takes ages, it smells awful, the fumes give me a headache and for weeks after the shower looks like a murder scene whenever I wash my hair. 
Painting my nails

Now here’s the thing with painting my nails, if I’m in the mood for it then I absolutely LOVE painting my nails, especially when I have an essay due in, then all I want to do is paint my nails. But if I’m not in the mood, which 9 times out of 10 I’m not, then it just feels like way more bother than it’s worth. 

Plucking my eyebrows


So I know this one sounds gross, and trust me I’m not walking around with bushy wolfman eyebrows. Luckily I have quite light eyebrows so I can get away with not plucking them as much because I really do hate it. Not only does plucking sting but it’s so boring. I’d get them waxed or threaded but I’m too much of a chicken. Plucking my eyebrows is just one of those things that I will put off and put off until I literally have no other choice but to do it,  even having sparkly tweezers (these ones are Japonesque just fyi) isn't enough to get me to do it.  Seriously the only thing I hate more than plucking my eyebrows is doing uni work… and that is saying something.
Moisturising 


I am a nightmare, I take really good care of the skin on my face and hands but other than that I just can’t be bothered. I think this is partly because I’ve never found a moisturiser I really love that doesn’t take forever to sink in. I also have really sensitive skin so I have to be super careful with the products I use so most of the time I just don’t. Having said that I do always regret not moisturising come sun dress season and I’m wearing tights to hide the state of my dry and flaky legs (gross!)

What are your biggest beauty bores? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below, or by dropping me an email to lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin and pinterest if you have a minute. 

I hope you guys are all out enjoying the sunshine and I'll be back on Tuesday 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx

2 comments:

  1. Never get your eyebrows threaded, it's so bloody painful! Waxing's a much better option. If you get the chance, go to a Benefit Brow Bar - that's where I get mine done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm too much a chicken to get them threaded! I do want to try Benefit's Brow Bar though. I'll keep you posted xx

      Delete

Latest pins