Sunday 5 April 2015

Lola Rocks #5 ... The March Music Favourites


You might have noticed that nowhere in my March Favourites, Beauty or otherwise, did I talk about music, which, I know,  is unheard of for me. I had so many that I thought it'd just be easier to dedicate a post to them. So here they are. 


Smile by Mikky Ekko



I have not stopped listening to this since I first heard it in the Paper Towns trailer (side note: I'm so excited for that movie! Read my book review here.) It is such an awesome, uplifting yet bittersweet song and I just love it. Give it a listen and let me know what you think. 

To the Top by Twin Shadow 

 


I have loved this song for a long time but had kinda forgot all about it until recently when I just completely fell back in love with it. It's another song that is happy/sad but totally awesome. 

XO by  Beyoncé 



So I know this song is like a year old but I'd genuinely never heard it until it was featured in an episode of The Mindy Project recently (I know! Apparently I live under a rock!and I was hooked. Queen Bee knows how to bring it. 


Dancing on my Own by Kings of Leon 



When I first heard Kings of Leon's cover of Robyn's 2010 hit Dancing on my Own a few years ago I was immediately obsessed and then once again forgot about it. But after falling back in love with it I can safely say it is amazing. I liked the original anyway but KOL just take it to the next level. In their very capable hands this song becomes moody and sultry and heartbreaking but mostly just incredible.


Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros



Is it just me or has this song been EVERYWHERE lately?! I'm not complaining because it's so good. It's really, happy and upbeat but also really nostalgic. It sounds like it's from the 50's, which only makes me love it more. I can't help but sing along when I listen to it. It makes me so happy. 

Simple Song by The Shins




Yet another great song that I loved and then forgot all about (I really must stop doing that!) I just love everything about this song. 

Elastic Heart by Sia



Me and Sia are having a bit of a moment right now (well I am... she's not aware of it)  I just love her, I think she is absolutely fascinating as an artist and her music is amazing. I haven't been able to get Elastic Heart out of my head.  It's so good. 

Grow Old by The Naked & Famous 



I love The Naked & Famous (woah that sounds weird!).  Grow Old is my favourite song off their second album In Rolling Waves. For some reason I find this song really sad, even though it isn't really.  It's quite hard to describe because it's electro but I think it's gorgeous. Have a listen and let me know what you think. 

Sorry I know that was on the longer and ramblier side of things, but these were all the songs I was loving throughout March. What songs are you loving at the moment? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter or by dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. I'm always on the hunt for new music so would really love your recommendations. If you do leave a comment I always try to reply so do check back. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin & pinterest

I hope you've all had a fabulous Easter and have had all the chocolate and hot cross buns (my fave Easter treat!) and I'll see you soon. 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx


*Disclaimer* I own none of the videos featured in this post. Videos used for entertainment purposes only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins