Friday 29 August 2014

Friday I'm in Love #9

Hi Guys,
              Happy Friday! This is the first Friday I'm in Love that I've done for a while but I have collected the all the things I've been loving for the past week and am ready to share them with you lovely people! 

L-R: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper, MAC Maleficent Eyeshadow Quad, Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow  in 35 On & On Bronze, Kate Moss for Rimmel London Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 100 Rose Gold Scandaleyes 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London & L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara

 L-R: MAC Maleficent Eyeshadow Quad, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper, Scandaleyes 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London, L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara,  Kate Moss for Rimmel London Eyeshadow Stick 100 Rose Gold & Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow  in 35 On & On Bronze.

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara

This is my new favourite mascara ever. I bought this a couple of weeks back after months and months of wanting to try it. And man, oh man, it did not disappoint. It is, in a word, amazing! It gives excellent coverage. The formula is awesome, the brush is equally so and the combination of the two is... magical. It lengthens, volumises and curls the lashes, it's really long lasting AND most importantly it doesn't cost an absolute bomb. In love. Expect a full review of this soon.

Maleficent Eye Shadow Quad 


MAC Maleficent Eyeshadow Quad

MAC Maleficent Eyeshadow Quad - clockwise from top: Goldmine, Ground Brown, Carbon & Concrete

After seeing Maleficent last week (read about it here) I found out that to celebrate the release of the film MAC had released a collection dedicated to Disney's greatest -and scariest- villain. Obviously it being a MAC collection all the products had long since sold out but I had to get my hands on something from the collection. So with a determination I wish I could utilise in other areas of my life I got to clicking and found this. And it is beautiful. The packaging is so sleek and gorgeous and whilst the colours are not ones I would necessarily associate with Maleficent (brown... really?) they are colours I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of. I am obsessed with it.


Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in the shade 35 On and On Bronze

 Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in the shade 35 On & On Bronze

 Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in the shade 35 On & On Bronze

I have been going through a bit of a bronze eyeshadow obsession at the moment and this is the bad boy that started all the trouble. It is gorgeous. The colour is intense and beautiful, it's long lasting, has a lovely creamy consistency and makes me want to cry with happiness whenever I look at it. Just... stunning. 

Scandaleyes in the shade 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London & Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 100 Rose Gold by Kate Moss for Rimmel London

Scandaleyes in the shade 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London & Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 100 Rose Gold by Kate Moss for Rimmel London Scandaleyes in the shade 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London & Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 100 Rose Gold by Kate Moss for Rimmel London

Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 100 Rose Gold by Kate Moss for Rimmel London & Scandaleyes in the shade 011 Bluffing by Rimmel London (That's Bourjois So Lacque Glossy in 04 Amande Defile on my nails if you were interested)


Continuing along the same vein as the Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in the shade 35 On & On Bronze, I am totally loving these eyeshadow sticks from Rimmel. The colours are gorgeous. The formula is long lasting with a lovely creamy consistency. They are also ridiculously easy to apply and make smokey eyes a breeze. I can definitely see myself adding more of these to my collection.  

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper


Modelling Hot Pepper for you! I’m also wearing L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Rose Vanilla, Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer, MAC blush in Dame, Rimmel London Scandaleyes in 011 Bluffing, MAC eyeliner in Feline and L’Oreal Paris Miss Manga Volumising Mascara.

Despite being a massive lipstick fan I don't like to wear lipstick to work because it tends to get everywhere and I don't have time for touch ups. But this formula is so long lasting that I have no qualms wearing it to work.  I have spoken of my love of this formula before (read about it here .) It is fast becoming one of my favourite everyday reds. I also have the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong, Ole Flamingo & Grand Cru. I love them. 

Picture via s2smagazine.com


This feat of televisual genius has been keeping me up at nights. I am tired and grouchy during the day but I don't even care because Scandal is that good! In fact saying it is good almost feels like a insult. It is the best thing to happen to television since Hugh Laurie put on an american accent and starred in House (you guys know how much I love House!) and I do not say that lightly. There are so many amazing things about this show... the epic love story between Olivia and Fitz - I am Team Olitz all the way! - the writing is nothing short of incredible, it's gripping. But I will say the absolute best thing is the casting. Oh my God the casting! Don't even get me started on the casting, it is stellar! Kerry Washington is incredible as Olivia Pope. No one else could play her. Kerry Washington owns it! Both Olivia Pope and Kerry Washington are my new girlcrushes and Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Thomas Grant III is my new actual crush. If you haven't seen Scandal you need to change that... NOW! It's okay I'll wait, actually no I won't because 10 minutes in to the first episode you will get hooked and try to watch all 3 seasons in one sitting and I just don't have the time to wait around for you I'm afraid (sorry that was a weird moment). Anyway I am obsessed with Scandal!

This week's song of the week is Riptide by Vance Joy


I have been meaning to have this as my SOTW for ages because it is so good. The lyrics are a bit strange, as is the music video, but the melody is ridiculously upbeat, to me it just sounds like summer. 

So that was this week's Friday I'm in Love... I know it's been a while but I hope you enjoyed it. Have you tried any of my loves this week? If so what did you think? Love them? Hate them? Are you a Scandal addict? (I AM! I'm trying to make Scandal-avians happen, but like Fetch and Gretchen Weiners... it is not going to happen) Anyway I want to know. Let me know on twitter or by commenting below. If you do comment I try to always reply so do check back. Also check me out on facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest for your daily dose of me :)

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins