Monday 8 January 2018

January Goals 2018


You guys get a bonus post this week because I wanted to get my January Goals online while they still felt relevant. You know, start as I mean to go on and all that. January is an odd month. It's fun for about two days, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and then it's horrible. It's cold and dreary and I’m still mourning the end of Christmas. Plus springtime still feels so far away. It’s not fun. And there's always a ton of pressure to change everything about yourself (read more about that here), so it's not the best month. Anyway... here are my goals for the next four weeks.

No unnecessary spending

I went massively overboard this Christmas. Really. Not only did I buy presents for everyone but I also bought a few for myself... oops! And then there was all the food that I ‘needed’ to buy, - note to self: just because I can buy a box of 15 giant, freshly baked cookies does not mean I need them! - but that’s a different story. From now on if it ain’t necessary to my existence - yes; sushi, hair dye, live music experiences and the odd Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick are necessary to MY existence... don’t @ me! - I ain’t spending my money on it. Unless I’ve budgeted for it... then it’s fine. Ish. Fine-ish. I’ll be completely honest here, this one’s gonna be a struggle.

Declutter

I admit it, I'm something of a hoarder. It's not like I collect 20 year old jars of jam and piles of  newspapers, I'm just not one that likes to get rid of things. But I'd like to be. I'd really like to minimise the amount of stuff I have. So in the spirit of the new year I thought it'd be really nice to have a proper sort out and get rid of everything that I don't want. I'm getting to the point now where I feel like I'm being physically weighed down by all this stuff that I either don't need or don't want. I think I'm going to try the KonMari method and get rid of anything that doesn't spark joy. I have no idea where to start but I actually can’t wait to get started! 

Meal Plan

Meal planning, and cooking, are not things that come naturally to me. Partly because I’m not much of a cook -  I can’t actually stand cooking - and partly because I never know what I’m in the mood for, and if I’ve prepped something I don’t want to eat, chances are I won’t eat it. Having said that life is much easier, I spend significantly less and I eat much better when I actually plan out my meals.

Upload Florida vlogs to Youtube 

I’ve got so much footage from my trip to Florida last year that is just sitting on my laptop waiting to be edited and uploaded to the ‘tube. I’ve got loads of vlog footage in general that needs editing, but getting my Florida vlogs online seems like a good place to start.

What are your goals for the month? x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins