Wednesday 20 December 2017

It’s the Little Things



I’ll hold my hands up and admit that this post may have been inspired by/ be a complete rip off of Stylist’s Little Pleasures podcast - which I’m listening to as I write this post, and you should be too, listen to it here - but it got me thinking about the small things that just make me smile, life’s little luxuries that make my day. Obviously, I absolutely needed to share these things with you.

Rediscovering a song that I’ve forgetten that I love

I’m a huge music lover, I can't emphasise this enough. My iTunes library is home to hundreds of thousands of songs. I think at this point I could comfortably fill a 60gb iPod Classic - remember those? They were great! I still have one somewhere - with little room to spare. With that much music it’s really hard to keep track of it all, and that isn’t including my vinyl collection, or the list of music to download I have on my phone. So occasionally I’ll put my phone on shuffle, or listen to the radio, and a song that I’ve forgotten I love will come on and it’s just the best feeling! I love it.

Drinking a mug of tea while it’s still hot

I’m notorious for doing this. I LOVE tea! Love it! So much so that it is mentioned in my twitter and instagram profiles. But it is very rare for me to finish a mug while it’s hot. It never happens

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nahz Fur Atoo and Mother

AKA the best liquid lipsticks to ever grace my lips. Ever! I am so obsessed with them! Mother is my favourite, because is is so low maintenance. It’s a berry pink that is quite statement but also very wearable. It might be *whisper it* my favourite lipstick ever. If not ever then certainly from recent times.

Sadly, and I’m not joking, I lost Mother - the lipstick, not my actual mum, thank God! - at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, while dancing with a performer in Harambe. True story, I also lost my MAC Soar lipliner and my Elemis Calm rollerball (sob!) but it was a lot of fun!

Nahz Fur Atoo is another favourite. It's a seriously vampy, wine red shade that I’m just obsessed with. I’ve worn it so much, including right now.  Both have formulations that I can only describe as heavenly! They’re easy to apply, totally comfortable to wear and have fabulous longevity! They’re also vegan and cruelty-free. 

Nice stationery

I’m not 100 percent convinced that my love of writing isn’t just an extension of my love of really good pens and notebooks. I also really love nice postcards and have done since I was a tiny little thing. Just nothing beats the feeling of a fresh notebook and the potential it has. Nine times out of 10 I’ll just fill it with random witterings or use it as a bullet journal, but the idea that I could fill a fresh notebook with something really great, is intoxicating! It would need to be written with a nice pen, one that makes my handwriting look good, because obviously! 

Getting through my skincare routine early

I have a fairly complex night time skincare routine. It’s no 10-step Korean skincare routine, but it does have a good 5 - 6 steps and it takes a good 20-30 minutes. If I don’t do it as soon as I get home then I’m pretty much guaranteed to have a late night because I’ll put it off until suddenly it’s way past my bedtime and I have 20 minutes of moisturising to do. The days when I’ve got my make up off and have slathered a painfully expensive facial oil into my chops before 10 pm are few and far between but they’re the best. 


I haven’t even had this that long, a couple of weeks at the most, but the sheer joy this frankly ridiculous sweatshirt brings me is incredible. The minute I get home from anything it goes on. It’s warm and cosy and portrays my undying love of Stranger Things. Winner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins