Wednesday 6 December 2017

November Highlights


I hate to say it, but November is a really boring month. It's just a cold, grey waste land between Halloween and Christmas, when it's too early to get excited (or so I am told) for all the exciting Christmas stuff,  I'm not allowed to watch The Grinch yet, and  I no longer have Halloween as an excuse to cannonball an entire pack of Fruitella Duo Stix in one sitting. However, there is an exception to every rule, and this November was that exception. It was incredible! I had the best month. I've just had a little scroll through my instagram feed to remind myself of all the crazy amazing things I've got up to  and I, honestly, can't quite believe it. So I thought I'd share some of my highlights with you.  

Fireworks - Firework Night, or to give it its proper name/names Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes Night, isn't a thing outside the UK, and I have to say you guys (ie. the rest of the world) are really missing out, because it's awesome. Normally my sister and I take my niece and nephew to a local display but this year I was actually invited to a fireworks party at my best friend's mum's house, and we had such a good night, with some amazing food - including a home made toffee apple cheesecake which was so good I haven't actually stopped thinking about it - beautiful fireworks, a roaring bonfire and good company. I told you, all you non-UK based readers are really missing out.

Seeing Biffy Clyro at the Roundhouse - Way back at the beginning of November my beloved Biffy played an acoustic set at the Roundhouse for MTV Unplugged, and I went with my festival bestie, my festie-bestie if you will, Charlotte. We had, and I cannot emphasise this enough, the best time. It was incredible! I cried... a lot, if you've seen my Download vlog then you'll already know how much I love them, so this won't be a surprise. I sobbed, whilst singing, from start to finish. It was such a beautiful set, I don't think I've ever been so moved by a live performance, ever. It was gorgeous. And the best part, aside from the fact that I was three people away from Simon Neil and may have even made eye contact... I'm getting all giggly just thinking about it, is that it was recorded for MTV so I'll be able to relive it. Another reason it was so special was that I'd tried, desperately, to get tickets when they first went on sale in October and I couldn't get them, they sold out in seconds. I was so upset, way more than I should have been, I admit it was ridiculous, and I had to make myself get over it. Then *plot twist* I got an email the day before saying that more tickets were being released and I managed to get some, which was amazing because I'd made my peace with the fact that I wasn't going and then I got to go! Also, and I cannot stress this enough, but the Roundhouse in Camden is an amazing venue. It's absolutely stunning, so if you ever get the chance to see someone play there you have to take it. 

Florida - Mid-November saw me packing my bags and heading to Orlando for a week for work. It was actually the second time I've been this year, having gone back in June, which was also for work.  This time I went to a theme park convention, which was honestly as fun as it sounds. I didn't mean for that to sound sarcastic, it actually was amazing. I got to do some really cool stuff. Obviously, I can't go into too much detail because it was work related, but I did have a great time. I worked really, really hard but I had a lot of fun doing it. I was also surprised to learn how cold Florida is at night in November... seriously, who knew? 

Seeing The Killers at the O2 - I ended the month the same way I started it, by seeing a band I adore with one of my absolute favourite people. Last week me and my bff Jade went to see The Killers at The O2. We had the worst seats, seriously we were right up in the nosebleeds, three rows from the back of the actual arena, but none of that mattered once The Killers came out. We had an incredible time. It was a wonderful show. I've wanted to see The Killers for a really, really long time, like 10 years maybe, and they didn't disappoint. It was amazing. You will be unsurprised to know that I cried.  I also vlogged our night, so you guys will be seeing it as soon as I get myself and my youtube channel organised, which will be soon... I promise/hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins