Thursday 21 September 2017

Some High Street Skincare Loves


Skincare might be my one true love. Really. I love it. Truly, madly, deeply. It's my thing. Once upon a time my thing was all of the lipstick. Now it's skincare, although I do still love lipstick. 

Nowadays you're far more likely to find me frequenting the skincare aisle, dropping stupid amounts of money on magic oils, serums and Liz Earle travel kits to get the free gift. In all honesty I think I would pay anything for the perfect complexion. Having said that Boots does play host to some real skincare gems, so that I don't have to drop serious dollar on my skincare... I mean I do anyway but still. 

La Roche Posay Serozinc - £10 at Boots

La Roche Posay is one of my ride or die skincare products. I've talked about it  a ton of times before (read more here and here) but I still think its worth mentioning because I bloody love the stuff. Serozinc is a fine toning spray enriched with zinc, a nifty little ingredient that targets blemishes, fights breakouts, soothes irritation and absorbs excess oil. As someone with blemish prone, incredibly sensitive skin this stuff is truly a life saver, I've just finished my third bottle and will be repurchasing imminently! It's awesome, and you need it in your life. 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - £14.50 at Boots

I always thought Liz Earle's  award-winning, cult cleanser might be a touch overrated. There's so much hype surrounding it that I thought it couldn't possibly live up to. Until I tried it, and realised how very wrong I was. It's awesome! Cleanse & Polish is a rich, cream cleanser designed to gently and effectively remove all traces of make up without stripping the skin. It is formulated with rosemary, eucalyptus oil and chamomile so feels very soothing and smells incredible! I tend to use this more in the wintertime, when my skin is feeling particularly dry as it is very nourishing and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and squeaky clean. I also currently have three spare bottles and a travel mini. I love it.


L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Purity Mask - on offer for £5.99 at Boots 

I bought this a couple of months ago after my best friend Jade raved about how good it was. Initially I was sceptical because it's designed for oily skin and I don't have that, however she's never steered me wrong before so I decided to give it a try. Good thing too because I do really like it. Purity is part of L'Oreal's Pure Clay Mask collection, and claims to mattify and purify the skin. It's formulated with Eucalyptus - are you sensing a pattern here? - and is designed to absorb excess oil and promises clearer, shine-free skin.  Shine isn't really an issue for me as I've actually got quite dry and sensitive skin. However I am prone to breaking out and have found that this mask does really help dry out any spots and keep my breakouts under control, without drying my skin out too much. It has a really nice, thick texture and only takes 10 minutes to work its magic. It also smells amazing, really fresh and clean. I would definitely recommend this for oilier complexions, but its still good for those of us with more sensitive/drier skin types. 

Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water - on offer for £3.99 at Boots

I'm something of a micellar water connoisseur, I've tried loads, but this is one of my very favourites... maybe even beating out my beloved Simple Micellar Water. It features a bi-phase formula with a layer of oil that is designed to dissolve make up, including waterproof mascara, and nourish the skin, while the micellar water itself is designed to cleanse the skin and draw out impurities. It also smells nice, and is really effective but really gentle. Love. It. 

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Super-Recharging Antioxidant Gel-Cream - £7.99 at Boots

So I've just realised that there is a lot of Garnier appreciation in this post, I swear I'm not sponsored this is just a coincidence. Moving on... I really like this moisturiser (read more about that here). It has a really nice lightweight texture that breaks down instantly on contact with the skin. It feels very refreshing and cooling whilst adding a ton of hydration to the skin. It's lovely. 

Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Wipes - £3.26 at Boots

Face wipes are something of a divisive issue in the beauty world. People really hate them. Now personally I'm not a fan of them for everyday use, but I do travel a lot for work and they are awesome for travelling. These ones in particular are great! They're basically the oil-infused micellar water in face wipe form. They're really good at actually getting make up off, they're gentle and the wipes themselves are actually quite thick and really good quality. I really like these, I don't use them everyday but I do really love them. 

Do you have any high street skincare recommendations for me? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below - I do reply so check back - or by emailing me at laurenwiththeredhair@gmail.com. Also check out my youtube channelinstagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates. 



Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins