Thursday 27 October 2016

The Autumn Tag 2016



Autumn is my favourite time of year. I'm all about Autumn, I love it. I love the leaves changing colour, I love Halloween, I love wrapping up warm and I'll take any excuse to wear my pyjamas all the time. October is nearly over (HOW?!), and the smell of Autumn is barely still in the air, so I figured I should probably do the Autumn Tag while it's still Autumn. (Sidenote I saw this tag on Makeupsavvy and I loved it. If you'd like to do the tag then I've left the questions at the end of the post for you to copy and paste.)

What signifies the start of Autumn for you?

I get really, really excited about Autumn really early on, like in the last week of August, and it frustrates me when it doesn't act like Autumn when it is Autumn, if you know what I mean. For me it really feels like Autumn when it's cold and crisp in the mornings, conkers are on the ground and the leaves are on the turn. That's when I'm happiest anyway.

What is your favourite Fall scent?


I really don't like anything pumpkin spiced, I don't get the hype at all. I find the smell of pumpkin really sickly. I'm more into woody scent. I have an Eadie and Wallace Opulent Sandalwood, Clove and Cinnamon candle which I'm obsessed with. It's really woody and spicy but in quite a subtle way, it's definitely noticeable, but it's not heady or cloying and it smells incredible. I also have an Apple Cinnamon Yankee Candle which I love burning, it's not too overpowering, it makes my room smell like a bakery and it just feels really nice and cosy. If we're talking about perfumes then my favourite Autumn scent is Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Painfully expensive but absolutely gorgeous. It's a very dark and sexy scent, very woody and spicy but with some floral notes to balance it. It lasts really well too.

What is your favourite Autumn colour?

If I'm wearing it then I'm really into burgundy or deep berry reds. If I'm not wearing it then I love the golden yellow that leaves go. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous colour and is the epitome of Autumn. I love it.

What is your favourite Fall drink?

Hot chocolate, preferably from Costa with a shot of caramel syrup, marshmallows and whipped cream. But for everyday I love Gingerbread Green Tea, Twinings does an incredible one (not sponsored, just a fan!), it tastes amazing! Really spicy and warming. I've been waiting all year for it to be cold enough so I can drink this, I love it so much. I also love Twining's Intensely Buttermint Tea, even though it's not available anymore... sob! It's sweet but refreshing as well.

What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?

I'm so excited for the third season of How to Get Away with Murder. It's addictive!And everyone should watch it. If you don't know HTGAW is a legal drama produced by Shonda Rimes AKA the Queen of all the Awesome TV. It's gripping and full of shocking twists and turns, I never ever know what's coming next. I've also been thinking about re-watching Stranger Things, I watched it so quickly that I feel like I definitely missed some things, and it is the best TV I have watched this year. If you haven't watched Stranger Things, you need to change that now, because it's incredible. Also Breaking Bad, I've just started Season 2 and I'm really enjoying it. I love Jesse.

What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?

Wearing pyjamas and my completely ridiculous and amazing unicorn slippers as much as I possibly can isn't exactly what I would call a fashion trend, but they're my favourite thing to wear throughout Autumn/Winter, and the rest of the year if I'm being honest. I just like to be both cosy and comfortable at all times, it's my natural state. When I have to leave the house, and be seen by and interact with other humans, I tend to wear a uniform of black ankle boots, opaque tights, skater dresses in Autumn-y colours (I have a lot of them!), my leather jacket and a blanket scarf that I can snuggle up in.
What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?


Curling up with a good book or a film and a big mug of tea when it's cold and rainy outside there's just something really lovely about being all snuggled up and listening to the rain. I love walking the dogs on a crisp autumn afternoon. I love walking dogs anyway because I'm a crazy dog lady in the making, but there's something especially nice about walking a dog in the autumn. I think it's because seeing a dog, particularly a small dog, bounding through a pile of autumn leaves is life affirming. 

What is your favourite make up look come Autumn?


Autumnal make up is my favourite kind of make up! My go to make up look when the weather turns colder is always a warm toned, bronze smokey eye, winged liquid liner and a plum or berry lip. To be honest this is my favourite make up all year round but especially so in Autumn when it's seasonally appropriate.


The Autumn Tag questions:

What signifies the start of Autumn for you?
What is your favourite Fall scent?
What is your favourite Autumn colour?
What is your favourite Fall drink?
What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?
What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?
What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?
What is your favourite make up look come autumnal weather?

What are your favourite things about Autumn? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins