Thursday 20 October 2016

My Top Nail Polish Picks for Autumn






It's safe to say that Autumn is really upon us now, with Summer  long since over. Gone are the pastel shades, bronzed goddess skin  (HA!) and no make up make up looks, now the fun can really begin. I'm talking deep berry lips, golden bronze eyeshadows and, most importantly, the autumnal nail polish. Here's a run down of just a few of my faves. 

Eve Snow London Nail Lacquer in Skyler - £14 from Net-a-Porter

Despite sharing a name with my least favourite character from Breaking Bad - seriously does anyone like Skyler?! - Eve Snow's Skyler is one of my all time favourite polishes. I can never resist a blue polish, so much so that I'll take any excuse to wear it year round. This is why Skyler is perfect, the cool icy blue shade has a touch of grey in it, that makes me think of the sky just before it snows, making it really appropriate for this time of year. The formulation is lovely; creamy, opaque after only two coats and it lasts about a week without chipping. Nice.

Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy in Up the Ante - £7.99 from Boots

The Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy formulation is the best on the high street and my absolute favourite formula out there. It has an amazing consistency, applying smoothly and evenly, it also acts as a base coat, meaning it lasts a really long time before needing to be re-applied. The colour is beautiful too, a warm pinky purple that looks good all year round but especially good in the Autumn.  

Butter London Nail Lacquer in Poole - £12 from lookfantastic

Like Skyler Butter London's Poole is a nail polish that would normally be considered more of a summer colour, a duck egg blue-green, (incidentally my absolute favourite nail polish shade), it has just a hint of grey in it that makes it more seasonally appropriate. It doesn't have the best formula, I've found that without a top coat it is prone to chip within a day or two, with a top coat the longevity lasts about a week, so fairly standard, but the colour more than makes up for the crappy wear time. It's worth reapplying.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon, Blackberry & Chilli - £3.99 from Boots

I've been a fan girl of Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint for ages, they make up more than half of my nail polish collection. They last really well and they leave a beautiful, plumped and glossy finish after only two coats, one for the darker colours, not to mention the incredibly cheap price point. Watermelon is a deep forest green, Blackberry a navy blue that reminds me of the Berol Handwriting Pens we had to use in primary school and Chilli a deep rusty orange red. All of them are stunning, but Blackberry is my favourite, even though I have no idea why it's called that when it's blue... weird.

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint in Sprint Finish - £3.99 from Boots

Autumn is the time for deep berry shades and this raspberry pink is stunning. The Speedy Quick Dry nail paints are amazing, almost as good as the Gelly Hi-Shine's, with a cuticle hugging brush that makes application a breeze and a formula that lasts reasonably well and dries in seconds. Blink and you'll miss it.

China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Tinsel Town - £4.99 from Amazon

I am not a fan of glitter nail polishes, because generally they're a nightmare to remove and really ain't nobody got time for that. This might be the exception to the rule because it comes off so easily. I only have a few China Glaze polishes but they're really good quality. Tinsel Town is a gun metal grey with fine hexagonal flecks of silver glitter running through it.  It looks really pretty as an accent nail or layered on over another colour as a full on glitter mani. It actually lasts quite well and doesn't chip or flake too badly. I like it a lot, for a glitter polish.

What will be gracing your nails this Autumn? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins