Sunday 30 October 2016

Budget Everyday Skincare Picks



Once upon a time I wasn't that bothered about skincare, back then I was young and stupid and had no problems sleeping with a full face of make up on. Ironically I had amazing skin. Nowadays it's a different story, my skin is a temperamental beast that will breakout at the slightest provocation and going to sleep with winged liner, lipstick and foundation on makes me feel vaguely sick. I really try to take good care of my skin, but this can get a bit pricey. I think skin care is so important and personally I like to invest in my skin care, but there are definitely some gems to be found on the high street, if you know what you're looking for.

Now before we get into this I have to tell you that I have the strangest skin type ever. It's actually bizarre. My skin is prone to blemishes and breakouts, but the thing I suffer with most is blackheads, but I don't have oily skin. My skin is very sensitive and incredibly dry, with no oiliness whatsoever. See I told you it's weird. So just a quick disclaimer these things work really well for me and my very specific skin type but may not work as well on different skin types.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream - £5.99 from Superdrug

Superdrug's own brand skincare is seriously underrated. It's so good, it's so cheap but I rarely hear about it. One of the hero products in the range is this eye cream, I've been using it for a really long time and I've even got my mum and sister using it too. The skin around my eyes is really sensitive and it doesn't take much to get irritated and inflamed. I can't actually use a lot of eye creams for this reason, so this is the only eye cream I use because I don't react to it and it's really good. Formulated with Mulberry, Kiwi and Sugar Beet extracts to smooth, brighten and moisturise the under eye area, it also reduces puffiness and the appearance of tired eyes. It has a really light weight consistency and absorbs into the skin quickly, I tend to use it mostly at night but you could use it in the mornings before make up and it would work just as well. Love. It.

Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser - £4.59 from Superdrug

Simple is my favourite affordable skin care brand, their Micellar Water is my favourite on the high street and I love their Micellar Cleansing Wipes too. But in the interest of keeping this post relatively short and sweet, I thought I would focus on the Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser, because I've been using it so much recently. It's designed specifically for acne prone/problem skin, which I have, and works to clear and prevent breakouts, promising results from the first day of use. Formulated with Chamomile, Aloe Vera, Tapioca Starch and Zinc to soothe, soften and mattify the skin and Phytosphingosine, a natural anti-bacterial, to clear the skin, this moisturiser is light weight but leaves the skin clear and comfortably hydrated. I like it a lot.

Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm - £2.50 from Tesco

I wrote a whole blog post (read it here) raving about Nivea Men's Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm as a primer, so I won't bang on about it too much here. It's amazing. It feels really cooling and soothing on the skin and it really does make my make up last longer. There's a noticeable difference in wear time on days that I use this to  the days that I don't. It's also a good little multi-tasker, I really like using it after shaving my legs, I cut my legs shaving every damn time without fail and it stops the sting. It's awesome.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant 2in1 Moisturiser & Serum - £5.99 from Superdrug

Since the weather has turned colder, and my skin has got duller and greyer, I've been using two pumps of this serum before my moisturiser to give my skin an extra boost of hydration, which it has desperately needed. It's formulated with fruit extracts to energise, brighten and nourish the skin. It has a soft, smooth texture and a thick, gel like consistency that applies beautifully. I really like it. It feels so nice, it smells lovely and it really does brighten up my sallow and pasty complexion.

What are your favourite budget skin care picks? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins