Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Top 5 Foundations from the High Street


l-r: Soap & Glory One Heck of  a Blot Foundation, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, L'Oréal True Match Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Powerless Foundation and Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. 

Foundation is literally called foundation because it is the base on which we build our entire face! So to say foundation is important is a huge understatement. Luckily, for those of us on a budget, when it comes to foundation the high street does it really well. Really, really well. It was quite hard narrowing my top picks down to just the 5, I can see a Top 10 post coming up in the future, but for now lovely people here are my top 5 high street/drug store foundations.


L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory - £9.99 from Boots

L'Oréal's True Match is my absolute favourite foundation. I've talked about this stuff so much, but it's because I love it so much! This foundation, even after it's reformulation, is amazing. It's my go to foundation for a night out because it is long lasting, has a beautifully natural, your skin but better kind of finish and it gives excellent, non-cakey coverage. If you're just getting in to make up, than this foundation, in my opinion, is the best on the high street, plus it has a really good shade range and a reasonable price point. I love it so much. 

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Ivory- £9.99 from Boots

I bought this for the express purpose of testing it out for this post and honestly, I didn't have a lot of faith in it. I usually avoid CC Creams like the plague, because they just don't have the coverage I need BUT this one does. It is very lightweight, but gives medium coverage that can be built up in to something more full without feeling heavy,  and it still allows the skin to breath. It's become one of my favourite foundations, especially for summertime, because it feels absolutely gorgeous on the skin. The formula is lovely too, combining skin care benefits with the coverage of foundation. It contains 3 pigments to colour correct the skin, Apricot: to cover dark circles and hide signs of fatigue, Green: for redness and White: to brighten. It has a  very liquid-y formula, that buffs flawlessly into the skin in seconds, and it comes in a squeezy tube making it ideal for travelling. For something I had no faith in I am incredibly impressed. Love it, seriously love it. 

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation in 105 - £5.99 from Boots

Again, this is another recent purchase but it's so good that it's already been a favourite. It's a matte foundation that has a really gorgeous luminosity to it, it looks very fresh on the skin, and it's also quite hydrating and has excellent wear time. I've even worn it to the gym - Sidenote: I don't usually wear make up to the gym but my new personal trainer is incredibly handsome, so I have to make an effort! Obviously! - and it still looked good after I'd worked out. I've been using it so much because it's awesome!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation in Ivory - £7.99 from Boots

This one is an oldie but a goodie. I love Rimmel foundations - shout out to Match Perfection, which is also amazing! - The Lasting Finish Nude Foundation just pips it to the post due to it's natural, dewy finish, medium coverage and  longevity on the skin. It lasts a really long time, and it looks good too. It covers what needs to be covered, whilst still looking really natural on the skin and adds a decent amount of dewiness without being too in your face. Definitely give this one a try, because at £7.99 it's an absolute steal.  

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot All Day Liquid to Powder Foundation in Cool Sand - £12.00 from Boots

This offering from Soap & Glory is another recent purchase that has become a firm favourite of mine, and earned it's place on my dressing table. It's a liquid to powder foundation meaning that it has amazing longevity. As the name suggests, it stays in place all day! No movement, no patchiness, nothing. Once it's on, it's on for the long haul. Again it's a matte foundation, I do love mattes! Now a lot of matte foundations have the tendency to be flat and mask-like once applied, but this actually looks really bright and radiant on the skin, and it gives amazing coverage. The only complaint I have is that the shade range is limited to 4 shades, so there is not really much in there for those with darker skin tones. I fall between Fair Enough and Cool Sand, the two lightest shades, with Cool Sand being just a tad too dark for me, although it's not nearly as dark as it looks in the picture. Having said that I think it's a really good foundation, especially if you have normal to oily skin. If you have really, really dry skin then you should probably steer clear because it will dry you out further. Personally I have sensitive skin which can get quite dry, especially this time of year, and I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's just a really nice, high coverage foundation. Love it.

What are your favourite drugstore foundations? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins