Tuesday 9 August 2016

My Top 5 Concealers from the High Street


l-r: Primark PS Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, L'Oréal True Match Concealer, Seventeen Phwoarr Paint & Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. 

Concealer is one of my favourite products, if you get the right one, it will cover what you want covered, without caking or bunching up, while still allowing the skin to breath. To be honest it's a tall order to find a really good concealer, and even harder to find one with a reasonable price tag. Luckily I've done all the hard work for you. Here's my Top 5 Concealers from the High Street. Enjoy!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 - £5.99 from Boots

Maybelline's Fit Me concealer is probably my favourite concealer. It gives the best natural looking medium to high coverage. It doesn't crease or cake but applies smoothly and blends flawlessly into the skin. I've gone through three tubes of the stuff now and I love it more and more with each application. It's a really, really good concealer.

Primark PS Concealer in Light - £0.80 from Primark

This concealer is epic. It's very similar to Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint, which is another favourite, in the fact that they are both very creamy and incredibly covering but this one's not quite as high coverage, feels lighter and allows the skin to breathe. It's one of my favourites for this very reason and at 80p, yep it really does cost less than a pound, it's an absolute steal.

L'Oréal True Match Concealer in Natural Beige - £6.99 from Boots

This is very similar to Maybelline's Fit Me concealer as it gives really good, natural looking coverage. It's very creamy but long lasting and blends seamlessly into the skin, leaving behind a flawless finish. I really like it, it's a really good concealer that does a little bit of everything: covers, conceals, highlights, all that good stuff! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair - £4.19 from Boots

Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer is a cult classic among UK beauty bloggers, and for good reason, it is seriously good stuff. It covers everything! It blends beautifully and it is so long-lasting. Now it does have the tendency to cake if you use too much and it can crease if you don't set it, but these are minor issues which the longevity and flawless high coverage more than make up for. I like to use Fair, the lightest shade, to highlight my under eye area and then use Cool Medium on any blemishes or redness. It is so awesome. 

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Under Eye Concealer

Designed to conceal under eye baggage and dark circles this creamy concealer from Seventeen is a firm favourite of mine and one of my most used products, I think I'm on my fourth pan now. It has a creamy, waxy consistency that needs to be warmed between the fingers before use, once it's been worked into the skin it provides flawless coverage. I even use it to cover particularly juicy spots. It is quite thick so I prefer to use it before applying my foundation, as I've found this gives the most natural finish. Love it.

What's your favourite concealer? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins