Thursday 5 March 2015

Lola Rocks #4... The Kodaline Obsession


In the last few weeks I have been ranting and raving and shouting my love for Kodaline from the rooftops. I thought the best course of action, so that I won't continue to bore you lovelies with my obsession,  would be to dedicate a post to my favourite songs by Kodaline and get it all out of my system.  So without further ado let's talk Kodaline. 

Talk from In a Perfect World 



It's common knowledge round these here parts that sad songs are my faves. I don't like being sad but I love sad songs. Don't know why.  Anyway Talk is one of my absolute favorites but it is so sad. It's lovely but heartbreaking so obviously I adore it. Now please excuse me while I cry my eyes out for days whilst listening to this song.  I'm joking... sort of. 

Honest from Coming Up for Air 


Honest is probably the least sad out of all my favourites, while it's not sad exactly it's not really a happy song - obviously, otherwise I probably wouldn't like it as much -  I love it, it's my favourite track from Coming Up for Air.  It's different  not enough isolate fans. I think it's a great song. 

Latch from In a Perfect World

 


This song is another one that I've just loved and listened to repeatedly since the moment I first heard it. Latch is one of those songs where if you actually look at the lyrics it isn't actually a sad song, it's about finding the person you love and keeping them around. It's a happy song and yet it doesn't sound like one. It's so sad and has made me cry more than once but it's a happy song. Work that one out! 

High Hopes from In a Perfect World

 


This is the song that first introduced me to Kodaline, what with me being about 2 steps behind the rest of the world and all, so it will always have a special place in my heart. It's such a beautiful song and I fell in love with it the first time I heard it. 

and my absolute favourite song is... 

The Answer from In a PerfectWorld

 


This is the most played song on my itunes ever. We're talking triple digits here people. This song genuinely feels like it was written for me, which is stupid because I know it wasn't,  but it just feels like it was. It's absolutely beautiful. I seriously crazy, stupid, love it! The problem is I actually can't listen to it without crying but I do anyway. 

There's a reason I love Kodaline so much, with a lot of their songs, particularly The Answer, it feels like they're  speaking directly to me and only to me... they're not and I know that but I love these particular songs (and their music in general) for that reason. I am aware of how cheesy this sounds.  And just to clarify I do like other music by other people. 

Those are my Top 5 Kodaline songs and I promise I will never talk about Kodaline again... I'm probably going to talk about them again I won't talk about them as much. Promise.

What are your favourite songs? Kodaline or otherwise! Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com . Also check out my instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest and I will be back on Sunday. 

Until then... 

Love love love xxx


*Disclaimer* I own none of the videos featured. Videos used for entertainment purposes only. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins