Tuesday 10 March 2015

Book Haul

As an English Lit student I do a lot of reading, like A LOT a lot.  I remember a time when I used to read for no other reason than I wanted too...but sadly this is no longer the case. I can't wait for the day when I can read something, anything, without having to analyse and then form an opinion on it.  These are just some of the books I've been stockpiling for that joyous day. 


Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele


My love for Lea Michele is widely documented - read more about that here and here! - As far as girl crushes go this one is pretty serious. I've been desperate  to read her book since it came out last year but have never got round to picking it up.  I've had a quick flick through and it looks good. I'm really excited to finally get to read it. 


Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown-Up


I'll be honest I haven't even known about Geace Helbig for that long but since listening to her interview with Rhett & Link on Earbiscuits I thought she was really funny so I watched a couple of her videos and whilst she's not my favourite Youtuber I can easily lose an hour or two watching her videos. Plus pretending to be a grown up is basically what I do in my day to day life so it's nice to know I'm not alone. 



This is the only one of the books that I’ve actually read, because I couldn't actually wait... so I didn't. I am seriously girlcrushing on Fleur De Force at the moment and once I got my hands on this beautiful book I didn't want to put it down. It was a great distraction, full of make up tips and tricks and I loved it.  


Love Tanya by Tanya Burr


I like Tanya Burr so when her book came out it was a bit of a no-brainer. I haven't really had the chance to look through it yet but I've read reviews and they're generally good.  

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg AKA Zoella


I'm not gonna weigh in on the Zoella ghost writer controversy I'm just not going to. I like Zoe's videos and I love YA fiction so again this was a no brainer. I'll let you know how I get on. 


Autobiographies aren’t usually my cup of tea BUT I thought I would make an exception for Amy Poehler because I love her. She is one funny lady. After the end of Parks and Recreation I have been in dire need of an Amy Poehler fix. This book has been everywhere lately, sadly I'm drowning in uni reading so I can't read this yet but expect a full review when I do.  


Another autobiography by another of my favourite funny ladies. Jennifer Saunders is one of my favourite comedians. Not only did she create the glorious Absolutely Fabulous but she was a member of The Comic Strip in the 80s, alongside Ade Edmondson, Rik Mayall and Dawn French, all of whom I am a big fan of. So I can't wait to get stuck in. 

As you can see I'm a big fan of a kick ass women, particularly funny women and I can't wait to get stuck in to this lovely lot. 

What books are you dying to read or loving at the moment? Let me know on twitter, commenting below or by dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com and while you're there check me out on instagram, Bloglovin, facebook and pinterest

Hope you guys have a lovely week, I'll be back on Tuesday

Until then... 

Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins