Monday 19 January 2015

2014 Beauty Favourites Part 2: Hair & Skincare

Welcome to part 2 of 3 of my 2014 Beauty Favourites. This post, as you can probably tell from the title, is all about the skin and hair care that I was loving in 2014. 

Skin Care:


It's no secret that my skin was not at it's best last year, a lethal combination of stress, the eating habits of a fussy toddler and even worse sleeping habits have really taken it out of my skin. These 5 products have been incredible in my fight for better skin. 


I've been using this mask once a week to decongest my skin and prevent blackheads developing and it's really helped to contain the problem. Containing such spot fighting lovelies as Cinnamon, Charcoal (duh!) and Dragon Fruit it leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh and it always looks so much better afterwards. 


This mask is a gift sent from the Skincare Gods! And my skin just laps it up. I've been using it every week and it has made my dry, scaly skin feel beautifully soft and nourished.


 I've been using this moisturiser every morning for months and I just love it. It melts into the skin, leaving me with soft, nourished skin and a perfect base for makeup.

Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick

This is my go to spot treatment for any particularly big juicy spots. It dries them up like it ain't no thing. I just pop it on the offending blemish at night and by morning it's gone or greatly reduced depending on the size of the spot. Now I'm not gonna lie to you lovely people the Witch Stick is not without it's faults. It is very drying on the skin, which is why it works so well on spots, but it does mean you have to be very precise when applying so you don't dry out your  skin.  Even so it's great for emergency giant spot situations. I'm breaking out at the moment and I'm so gutted I don't have it with me. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil


Another excellent treatment for spotty skin. This tiny bottle is amazing, it lasts forever and the tiniest bit makes all the difference to my badly behaved skin.  Like the Witch Stick, this gets rid of spots like nobody's business, unlike the Witch Stick it's not even remotely drying on the skin. I love it. 


Hair Care:

L - R: Frizz Ease Daily Miracle Leave-in Conditioner, Frizz Ease Extra Strength 6 Effects Serum & Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-in Treatment

My hair is difficult to say the least, when it behaves (which is rare) I love it, when it doesn't I seriously, seriously hate it, like chop it all off and start wearing wigs hate it. These 3 are absolute staples in my frizz fighting arsenal and the reason I currently have longish hair and no wigs.

Frizz Ease Daily Miracle Leave-in Conditioner 

I've used this almost everyday for the past 3 years or so because it's amazing. I spritz it onto soaking wet hair and it makes my hair behave itself. It's a really conditioning, light weight spray that leaves my hair crazy soft and virtually frizz free. For a while I was worried that it would stop working if my hair got too used to it, so I stopped using it and the condition of my hair changed drastically. It was dry, frizzy and completely unmanageable. I started using it again and it improved my hair straight away. It really is a miracle.




I dread to think what my hair would look like if I didn't use this serum. Seriously it is that good. I run 2 pumps of serum through freshly washed hair, avoiding the roots,  and it completely tames my hair leaving me with defined, shiny curls. Love it. 


AKA the best and most beautiful argan oil I have ever come across. It's really light weight and just leaves my hair looking and feeling amazing. It calms down frizz, defines curls, protects from the heat and it just does everything. I love it. 

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email. Also make sure you're following me on instagram, facebook, Bloglovin & pinterest.

It's gonna be a bit quiet on the blog front for the next couple of weeks or so because I have 2 very long uni assignments due in in a very short space of time. But I will try to update you guys as and when I can.  

Until then...

Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins