Saturday 13 September 2014

Friday I'm in Love #11

L-R: V05 Smoothly Does It Curl Defining Mousse, Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Chai and Frizz Ease Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray.


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Chai

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Chai

I am struggling to remember a time when I haven't mentioned a Barry M Polish and for the life of me I don't think such a time exists. Good Old Barry, the undisputed King of High Street nails, will always be one of my favourites. Chai is a new release, part of Barry M's new Autumn collection. I love grey nails, always have and this one has become a fast favourite. I won't bang on about the formula and how good it is, we all know how good Barry M's formula is. So all I will say is that it is gorgeous and let's just leave it at that. 


V05 Smoothly Does It Curl Defining Mousse

I use this on an every other daily basis and yet have somehow never actually mentioned it on here. This is a staple in my haircare routine (which has taken years of perfecting by the way) and one of the strongest weapons in my frizz fighting arsenal. The mousse is amazing it get's rid of frizz and strongholds my hair into smooth curls rather than fuzzy ringlets. It is also really longlasting, it's a little bottle but it goes a long way. 


Frizz Ease Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray

This is a recent addition to the aformentioned frizz fighting arsenal (I like the metaphor, I'm sticking with it.) John Frida deserves a medal for Frizz Ease. The spray is really light weight and gives me really nice curls without any kind of sticky crunchiness. My curls are quite tight but this relaxes my hair a little bit, leaving me with looser, frizz free curls. I am in love with it. 

Picture via www.amazon.com

This week I have been really poorly, I have acute laryngitis which is refusing to shift. I've almost completely lost my voice and am coughing constantly so it hasn't been a great week to be honest. Now when I'm sick there are a couple of things I like to do to make myself feel better (read more about that here) but one of them is to lose myself in a really good book. And this week that came in the form of How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern, which I thoroughly enjoyed. How to Fall in Love tells the story of Christine Rose, owner of a recruitment company and lover of Self-Help books, who meets Adam when he is trying to commit suicide by jumping off the Ha'Penny Bridge in Dublin. Determined not to let that happen Christine and Adam strike up a deal in which Christine has 2 weeks to prove to Adam that life is worth living. I thought it was amazing and really brave of Ahern to write about such a taboo subject.  I couldn't put it down, I thought the story itself was lovely and very moving and I loved it. 



My SOTW this week may seem a little bit strange but hear me out. Like Whoopi in Sister Act 2 my taste in music is completely eclectic, whilst I will admit to a passion for classic rock, particularly from the 80's and it is no secret that I love Bruce Springsteen more than I love... well anything. Anyway I have gone completely off point here, the point was I love music and in anticipation for Cilla (which starts on ITV on Monday, I can't wait!) I downloaded Anyone Who Had A Heart performed by the lady herself and I kinda love it. I already had the Dionne Warwick version on my iPod but Cilla's is surprisingly good. Being a 90's child I only knew Cilla Black as the red haired, Liverpudlian present of Blind Date but... she can sing! Who knew?! Mark my words I will be singing this loudly and proudly in the shower just as soon as my voice returns. 

So those were my loves for the week. I am off to bed for the rest of the day, probably the weekend, where I will be coughing and croaking until someone brings me tea. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! If you find some time and feel like cheering up a poorly girl, check me out on twitter, facebook, Bloglovin, instagram and pinterest and give me a cheeky like or follow ;)

Love love love xxx


PS If anyone would like to see a post detailing my haircare routine and the sheer effort it takes to maintain my hair then let me know either by commenting below or on twitter. If you do comment I always reply so do check back. L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins