Saturday 28 June 2014

Friday I'm in Love #5

Happy Friday! I am so relieved the weekend is here. It’s been a really, really long week but it's all over now. I hope everyone's got a lovely weekend planned. I'm off to the cinema to (finally) see Maleficent on sunday. But before I do that I'm going to share with you my loves for this week. 


Nivea Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner




Normally I don't really buy 2in1 products because, in my experience, they are so rarely what they promise to be. Instead of getting the best of both worlds (Hannah Montana reference!) they're usually mediocre at best. This one, however, is amazing! I've been using this every night for the last week and there is a noticeable difference in my skin. My skin is clearer, smoother and softer and  it's all down to this. Not only does it feel absolutely gorgeous on the skin but it also removes all make up in one fell swoop and smells lovely. It has made taking my make up off almost as enjoyable as putting it on. I will definitely be repurchasing.



SkinSystem Antibacterial Hand Lotion from Asda. 



Being the insane (hand specific) germophobe that I am, I was dreading going back to work and exposing my hands to the millions of nasty bacteria residing in my keyboard and on my work phone. I’ve been working summers with the same company for the past two years and every year my hands get absolutely destroyed by the near constant application of hand sanitizer.  Recently I've been seriously lusting after Lanolips antibacterial handcream - I haven't tried it but have heard some seriously good things - but alas! pay day is still a long way off. And then I found this. In Asda. For the extortionate price of... one whole pound. Obviously I snapped it up right away, for  a pound it's got to be at least worth a try. Formulated to nourish and condition the hands whilst killing bacteria, it also contains pro vitamin B5 as an active ingredient which aids the healing processing and skin regeneration. It also feels really nice and soothing on the skin.  Like I said I’m an insane germophobe so of course I’ve still been using copious amounts of hand sani to cope (which does kind of defeat the purpose of an antibac hand cream, I know) but this has more than held it's own and has kept my hands lovely and soft.  I will be trying the Lanolips antibac handcream to see how they compare, but for now I'm really pleased with this.


Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in #400 Big Bang


 


I was a bit obsessed with the Apocalips Lip Lacquers when they first came out and as a result have quite the collection (I have 6) but until this morning I hadn't used one in ages. I was in a rush for work and needed a red lip asap so I grabbed for the first one I could find, which just so happened to be this one. From the moment I put it on I could not even begin to fathom why I hadn't used it in so long. It's a lovely, sassy shade of red. It's perfect for summer as it's really bright and glossy. It has a doe foot applicator, like all Apocalips Lip Lacquers, so it is ridiculously easy to apply. The formula itself is really creamy and moisturising and not at all sticky which was really nice. It also lasts quite a long time although I did need to reapply after eating and drinking. Last summer I was never without Apocaliptic, which is my absolute favourite  - and one that I really must repurchase! - however Big Bang is a close second. I really like it.

How to Love by Katie Cotugno

(Picture courtesy of www.goodreads.com)

I don't like to throw the term favourite book around because I love so many books and I don't have a definitive favourite, but How to Love is definitely a contender. I downloaded this onto my Kindle in October last year and in the 8 months since I have read it 4, yes 4, times. I'm now reading it for the fifth time and it does not get old. I love it so much. The writing is excellent and the fact that this is Katie Cotugno's debut novel makes it all the more impressive. How to Love tells the story of Reena and Sawyer. Reena has loved Sawyer all her life but has never even hoped for him to notice her, until the day that he does. Of course they fall madly in love but Sawyer has his demons and one day out of the blue he disappears. Leaving Reena heartbroken and pregnant - before you start hating on Sawyer, whilst his leaving was a dick move he didn't actually know Reena was pregnant when he left. 2 years later and Reena, bitter and miserable for having to abandon her dreams and being deserted by Sawyer, has managed to build a life for herself and her daughter Hannah, that is until Sawyer returns. I won't give away the ending but I will tell you that I sobbed like an overgrown baby for a good 20 minutes after I finished the last page. It is such an emotional rollercoaster and just an amazing book. Definitely A favourite if not THE favourite.
 
I have two SOTW this week the first being Geography by Andy Jordan.



Yes that Andy Jordan with the 'nostrils' from Made in Chelsea. Before you brush this off just hear me out a second. It is actually a really, really good song. I first heard Andy sing on Made in Chelsea and thought that he was undeniably talented - and also one of the nicer people on MIC, just saying! - when I heard that he was releasing an EP, entitled Geography funnily enough, I thought I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. It's just such a nice song. I also strongly recommend On My Own. Love him or hate him - personally I love him - you can't deny that he's talented. 

And now for my second SOTW, which is Before I Ever Met You by Banks. 




Coincidentally I heard this song in the background of the season finale of Made in Chelsea (it's the guiltiest of  guilty pleasures!) and I loved it straight away. I love the moody vocals, and the lyrics are pretty awesome too. I really like it. I've had it on pretty much constantly for the past week and I'm still not tired of it. It's such a good song. 

Right then lovely people I'm going to sleep now because I've had a really long day. I'm sorry I've posted this so late but I just haven't had the time this week to get myself organised. But I hope you've enjoyed it and I would love to hear about the things you've been loving this week. Let me know using the hashtags #FridayIminLove and #FIIL. I'll be back on Monday with another in my Hopeless Romantic series where I will be talking about my favourite book couples. Until then I am all over social media so please check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest for your daily Lolarocknroses fix. 

Love love love xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins