Wednesday 27 February 2019

March Goals 2019


I never ever know how to start my monthly goals posts. I could go super basic, which is the option I usually plump for, and marvel at the passage of time, or I could come up with something original. Option A it is. Guys! It's basically March! We're nearly a quarter of the way through the year. Seriously! I'm hoping this fact will shock me into action, because I haven't achieved everything I'd wanted to by this point.

Although having said that I have read loads and I've got myself into a pretty solid routine where my blog and youtube are concerned - Wednesdays and Thursdays people, be there or be square! - but there are still a few things I could be doing that would make my life easier and happier. Let's talk about them.

Be disciplined 

I have noticed that I'm an instant gratification kinda gal. Or, to put it bluntly, I sabotage myself. I sabotage myself a LOT. When it comes to things like my long term goals I'm not very disciplined, don't get me wrong dedication and discipline are different things, but I tend to prioritise things I want now over things I want in the future. A prime example of this is the current state of my finances. I want to buy a house one day, but with the current climate in the UK, that's looking more and more unlikely - unlikely, not impossible - but what doesn't help is my propensity to spend all my money on things I want but don't need. Like books. Which I should probably stop doing. Sure, I won't be as emotionally or intelligently rich - pfft... emotions and intelligence are overrated - but my bank balance will thank me for it.

Be organised

Or I should probably say 'Continue to be organised', as I've been killing it in the organisation stakes recently and I very much want that to continue. My content for the next couple of weeks has either been written/filmed and scheduled or it's planned and basically ready to go, and OMG is that a good feeling. Normally I have a very loose-y goose-y approach when it comes to my online platforms, filming and writing when the mood takes me. I'm an artist dontcha know! But since I've started filming chattier sit down videos for my YT channel, I've been forced to stick to a schedule, and it has made the world of difference to both my organisation and my productivity. It's also really nice to look at my bullet journal, of course I have a bullet journal, and know what's going up when and what I have left to do. So, yes, more of this please. 

Start! 

I have three main goals this year: 1. Overhaul my lifestyle to be healthier and happier, basically go to the gym regularly and eat more fruit. 2. Build my fuck off fund and 3. Start working for myself. None of these things are going to happen by themselves, I have to put the work in, and whilst that prospect is very exciting, it's also incredibly daunting, but the only way any of those things is going to happen is if I make a start. It's like Laura Jane Williams says in her (amazing) book Ice Cream for Breakfast: "The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time," I just need to take my first bite. 

Sidenote: I absolutely DO NOT want to eat an elephant and if you think that you may have missed the point...  

Say 'no' more 

After reading, and loving, and then watching, and loving, Danny Wallace's Yes Man, some years ago I've become a bit of a Yes Man myself. And while there is absolutely no denying that this is A GOOD THING. I'm open to more experiences, I embrace life, I'm generally more positive...etc, etc. Saying yes to things that I don't particularly want to do, really eat into my time. I recently read, and loved, The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck by Sarah Knight, and one of the things that book did, was really change the way I view my time. Money and energy are renewal resources, she said, but time isn't. And that really, really resonated with me. So while I'm still very happy to grab the opportunities that I can and say yes to things I want to do, when it comes to things I don't want to do I  just ain't doing it. I'm going to exercise my right to free speech and say 'Nah mate'.


What are your goals this month? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins