Wednesday 20 February 2019

Elemis Superfood Collection #gifted


Guys, let’s be real here, I’m not a big name in blogging. To be even realer I’m barely a name in blogging. I’m just a small voice in a sea of thousands and because of that I don’t tend to get invited to a lot of events. However, in my real life I’m a journalist, and sometimes I get to do some really cool shit because of that fact. Like when I was lucky enough to go to the press launch of Elemis’ new Super Food products for instance.

An extension of the existing range,  the new line up is essentially a skincare plan that combines concentrated superfood extracts with active prebiotics to rebalance and refresh the skin. It features four newbies: the Superfood Kefir-Tea Mist, the Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator and the Superfood Berry Boost and Vital Veggie Masks. I was lucky enough to be gifted the range, although let’s be clear I was absolutely not paid to write about it as a blogger or a journalist.  Now that that’s out of the way let’s get into it.



Set to be something of a hero product, the Kefir-Tea Mist is a nifty little multi-tasker, with not two or even three but four uses, acting as a primer, setting spray, toner and hydration mist all rolled into one nifty little bottle.  It contains soy-derived kefir ferment - which according to Liz Earle is really bloody good for both you and your skin-, organic rooibos tea extract and coconut water to hydrate and brighten the skin, as well as improve radiance. And that's before we mention the scent, which is lovely. I'm obsessed. 



The Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator is such an interesting product, because of its unusual jelly consistency. Described by Elemis as a 'jam gel', which to be honest is probably the best way to describe it, its essentially a physical exfoliator in a thick jam-like jelly. It's formulated with blackcurrant fruit pulp which acts as the exfoliant, while glycerin and extracts of black tea and bilberry leave the skin soft, smooth and moisturised. The jelliness makes it incredibly hydrating, while the fruit acids from the blackcurrant and bilberry have a brightening effect on the skin. It's also self-heating, although, interestingly, this is caused by friction rather than a chemical reaction, which I think is pretty fucking cool. 



I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t like the other Superfood products, because I really, really do, but I’d also be lying if I said these masks weren’t my favourite things in the entire collection, I’m including the OG guys in that as well. Firstly, they both smell incredible, particularly the Berry Boost, which smells edible! Secondly, those textures tho! Clay masks, both of them, with the creamy consistency of an ultra-rich moisturiser... I mean, who even knew that was possible?! I certainly didn't.

I'll start with the Berry Boost mask, which is currently gracing my chops as I type this. A purifying mask, Berry Boost is designed to give the wearer (ME) a clean and clear complexion (yes please!). It contains sustainably-sourced naturally purple Brazilian Clay to absorb excess oil while anti-oxidant rich black tea extract rids the skin of toxins and blackcurrant seed oil and Nordic bilberry extract re-balance and rehydrate. As I'm wearing it, literally right now, I can tell you it feels really nice on the skin, slightly drying but not nearly as bad a regular clay mask. Nice.

The Vital Veggie mask is designed to brighten and hydrate the skin. Billed as a shot of 'green goodness', the mask is formulated with vitamin C-rich passionfruit acid, which both brightens and exfoliates the skin, while wheatgrass extract, avocado and chia seed oils smooth and hydrate for a clearer, more radiant complexion. I haven't actually tried this one yet but will let you know how I get on.

Have you tried the Elemis Superfood range yet? What was your favourite product?

*Disclaimer* I was gifted these products as a journalist and not a blogger/youtuber. However I was NOT paid to write or talk about them in either capacity and was under no obligation to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins