Tuesday 25 April 2017

The NYX Lipstick Obsession


When I renamed my blog a few weeks back Lauren with the Rosy-Pink-y Nude Lipstick Obsession was definitely a contender. Back in the day I would slap on a fuchsia pink because it was Monday. Now I'm all about rosy-nudy my-lips-but-better shades. Don't believe me, just have a read of this post




l-r: Natural, Tea Rose, Audrey, San Paulo and Bloody Mary. 

Lately, well since the beginning of the year I have developed a bit of an obsession with NYX lipsticks, specifically the matte lipsticks and the soft matte lip creams. Being a long time matte lipstick lover it has become my life's mission to find a matte lipstick that is long lasting, well pigmented and comfortable to boot. 

NYX's soft matte lip creams tick all these boxes. They are one of the best affordable matte liquid lipsticks I've tried. And I have tried loads, so I don't say that lightly. The formulation, the shade range and the price point is spot on. I only have one at the moment,  San Paulo, which is a wearable raspberry pink, but I will be getting more. 

Now onto the matte lipsticks, which I have a lot of. I took the pictures for this post a few weeks ago and since then I have another lipstick has joined the ranks. I just love them. 

The colour range for these is pretty special. It includes 45 shades, with everything from nudes, pinks and reds to greys, blues and greens. The formulation is very soft and creamy, which means it's so comfortable to wear. It's creaminess means that its longevity isn't the best, it has quite a lot of slip to it and does need to be reapplied after eating and drinking. However it's good points far outweigh the bad. There's no drying, clinging, caking or bunching with this lipstick. It also has fantastic colour payoff, it fades down into a nice, even stain, it's affordable and it's so comfortable.

Its really difficult for brands to strike the right balance between comfort and longevity. So few brands, both high-end and budget, have actually managed it. NYX also misses the mark, but really not by much. Yes, the longevity isn't great. But the comfortable feel of the lipstick, the massive colour range and the price tag more than makes up for it, and lets be honest how hard is re-applying lipstick really?

What's your favourite lipstick? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at laurenwiththeredhair@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins