Sunday 16 April 2017

Garnier Moisture Bomb.... is it da bomb??


First of all can we just all take a moment to appreciate my unicorn bed sheets? I've had them since October and I'm still so obsessed with them. They are the exact opposite of elegance and sophistication and I love them for it. Now that the unicorn appreciation is out of the way let's talk about Garnier's Moisture Bomb collection, and answer that most important of questions: is it actually da bomb?

Garnier's Moisture Bomb collection was released last year and would have almost completely passed me by, had I not been given a Moisture Bomb gift set for Christmas. I've been using both the day and night creams fairly regularly since, I've actually used up the night cream now, and I feel that I'm ready to throw my opinion into the mix.



Gainer's Moisture Bomb 3 in 1 Day Cream is designed to hydrate and protect the skin from pollution, free radicals and other external aggressors that play havoc with the skin. It has a really light weight texture that is fast absorbing, and contains UVA/UVB protection and extracts of Amla and Pomegranate, that claim to provide 24 hour hydration and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.

In my experience this isn't the case. Honestly, I don't think it's that good. It does have it's good points. It has a nice texture, it dries down almost instantly which makes it a good base for makeup, and it has UVA/UVB protection which is always a bonus. But in terms of actually moisturising the skin, which is really the whole point of a moisturiser, it doesn't do very much for me.



The Night Cream however is a completely different kettle of fish. Despite it's clunky and cheap looking packaging - packaging isn't everything but it is a nice addition - I bloomin' love the stuff. It has a blue tinted gel texture that melts into the skin almost immediately and feels like water - I have since learnt that this type of formulation is called liquid care... who knew? It's very light weight and feels very refreshing and cooling on the skin. It also adds a burst of much needed hydration to my parched chops. It works well as a moisturiser on it's own, but I find it really shines when used as a serum with another moisturiser. I've been using it with the Elemis Hydra-Nourish Night Cream and it's a great combination that provides a really intense hit of moisture to my skin.


I haven't actually tried the tissue mask yet so the jury is still out on this one, but I've read really good things about it online, and I really do love sheet masks. They're such  an easy and effective way of giving the skin a much needed boost. From what I've read this one sounds like it's an effective and affordable option and for that reason alone I applaud Garnier. I'll let you know more once I've actually tried it.

So the answer to my original question - is it da bomb? - is no, yes and not sure. The Day Cream is a bit lacklustre and in my opinion isn't really worth spending your money on, but if you're looking for a good and an affordable moisturiser then I definitely recommend the Night Cream.

Garnier Moisture Bomb 3 in 1 Day Cream -  £5.33 (on offer, usually £7.99) in Boots link
Garnier Moisture Bomb Night Cream -  £5.33 (on offer, usually £7.99) in Boots link
Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask -  £1.49 in Boots link

Have you tried any of Garnier's Moisturiser Boost collection? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at laurenwiththeredhair@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins