Thursday 5 January 2017

New Year's Resolutions 2016 Review & Goals for 2017


Last year I kept my goals simple (read more about that here). I wanted to be healthy, be happy and to travel, and for the most part I stuck to them - a week in Sunny Beach counts as travelling, right?!

I think that being healthy was the goal I made the most progress with. I now go to the gym 3-5 times a week and I work hard, like wanting to be sick after  hard. It's not only been good for me physically but working out has been incredible for my mental health and wellbeing too.  For a long time, before fitness was something I cared about, I thought that was just  something people said to get you to exercise but it turns out it's actually true. I'm very happy that I'm  healthy... er. Healthier, I wouldn't say I'm healthy just yet. 

Speaking of being happy, I wouldn't say I'm a particularly happy person. But I'm not a particularly unhappy person either. I'm an averagely happy person, could be better but could definitely be worse. Having said that I did take a lot of steps to make myself happier last year. I left a job I hated. I've now got a really good job, which I think I'm going to absolutely love. Although it's hard to say at the moment, I've only been there 2 days. I've also spent way more time doing things that make me happy, like learning to play the guitar and the ukulele, both of which are amazing. And spending more time with my friends, family and the people I care about.  

On a global scale 2016 was a garbage year, for me personally it was okay. I'd even go so far as to say it was good. So to keep up the good work from last year I have a few goals that I'd like to work on. 


1. Challenge myself

Good things happen when I push myself outside of my comfort zone,  even if it's something small like talking to people who scare me, which is everyone,  or trying to do something that I never ever thought I could do. I guess I'm trying to say that I would like to be comfortable with being uncomfortable, if that's even possible. 

2. Be more organised 

This is necessary. I need to be more organised or I will achieve nothing this year. I now have a full time job, a blog I update 3 times a week, driving lessons (eeep) and a ton of other stuff that could easily get on top of me if I let it. Luckily Bullet Journaling is amazing and I think it will be the key to managing my busy, messy life. 

3. Travel! 

I think this will always be a New Year's Resolution because there are so many places I want to go. I'm not very well travelled at the moment and there are so many parts of the world that I'm desperate to see. Starting with Japan, I'd like to go to Tokyo. 

4. Grow blog

My blog is so important to me, I work really hard on it and I would like to see it progress this year. I have a ton of ideas in the pipeline including: a rebrand and a total redesign of my website. These are just ideas at the moment but I would very much like to put them into action. 

5. Say yes more

Everytime I watch Yes Man I always think 'Omg I am going to say yes to everything and have a great time.' Turns out it's super impractical to say yes to everything BUT I would like to embrace any opportunities that come my way, try some new things and also not be scared of them. 

6. Be kind

Ballsy, loud, clumsy, nice once you get to know her, and maybe a little bit odd are all things that could, and have, been used to describe me. Kind isn't one of them. The truth is other people terrify me, and I tend to come across as a  total bitch when I'm nervous, which is always, but that's a different issue. Anyway my mum and my sister are two of the kindest people I know, and I would like to be more like them. I think kindness is seriously underrated and it's one of the best thing you can aspire to be. 

7. Pass driving test 

Okay so this has one of my New Years Resolutions since I was 17 and I've never done it. However this year there are 2 key differences: 1. I feel like I am finally ready to drive, after years of struggling with public transport I have finally realised that driving would be much easier. 2. I have already started driving lessons, a Christmas present from my Dad, and They're going well. This is the year. I will drive. 

8. Youtube! 

This is another New Years Resolutions I've had for a couple of years and, again, never done because I'm scared. It's a very scary thing to put yourself out there on the internet. The internet is a magical place, but like most magical places it has trolls. It's got to the point now where I don't know what I'm waiting for. If I don't do it now then I'll probably never do it, I'll always find a reason.  The only way I'm going to do it is to actually do it 

9. Continue good progress from last year 

I made excellent progress last year, in a lot of ways. So I'm gonna carry on!

Having put it down it looks like a lot but they're definitely all achievable. I'll keep you updated in my monthly goals posts anyway.

What are your New Years Resolutions? Let me know by commenting below - I always reply so check back -, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.



Love love love xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins