Thursday 12 May 2016

T.K. Maxx Skincare Haul







Ahh the beauty aisle of T.K. Maxx a place where all my bargain beauty hunter dreams come true! It's become a bit of a hobby of mine, browsing the beauty aisle to see what high end products I can find for high street prices. Admittedly it does take some patience. It's bit like rummaging through a car boot, sometimes there's nothing but crap, but it's always worth it when you find something amazing for a ridiculously low price. Here are some of the lastest skincare bits I've picked up.

Good Things Acai Berry Muti-Tasking Micellar Water - £2.99 in store at T.K. Maxx

I love micellar waters. Until recently Garnier's Micellar Water held my heart, but lately I've noticed a really strong chemical, almost plasticky, smell when I use it. Which is really off putting. So I was on the market for a new one when I spotted this paraben and cruelty free offering from the good people at Good Things in T.K. Maxx.  It's formulated with blueberries, mango and acai berry, super fruits known for their anti-oxidant properties, and hyaluronic acid to keep the skin hydrated. I've found it to be really gentle on the skin and it removes my make up so quickly, leaving my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. And it smells amazing, really fruity and sweet. I love it. Plus, added bonus, it's really affordable, retailing at only £4.99 for 250ml in boots... Bargain!

Good Things Deep Pore Anti-Blemish Cleanser & Toner with Fig & Wild Strawberry - £2.99 in store at T.K. Max

Like their micellar water Good Things Deep Pore Cleanser & Toner is formulated with a ton of natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin, whilst yielding some pretty decent results. This time it's wild strawberry extract to add radiance to the face and willow bark and liquorice extract to fight spot causing bacteria. Aimed at acne prone skin - which I have. Sob! - it claims to unclog pores and clear the skin of excess sebum to prevent new sports forming, without stripping the skin of its natural oils. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and have noticed an improvement in my skin. I don't know if it's this or my tablets have started working, either way I'm a big fan of my clearer skin. Again it's really affordable - £4.99 for 200ml from boots -  and smells really sweet. I've really liked using it.


Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment - £12.99 in store at T.K. Maxx

And now onto the real star of the show Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment. Now I haven't actually got round to using this yet because I'm scared it'll work and I'll get addicted to it and then have to pay full price for it. But it sounded so amazing that I couldn't really resist. The oil free formula promises to clear blemishes, prevent new spots forming and reduce the appearance of acne scarring.  I'll have to keep you posted on whether it actually works or not but I've got a good feeling about it.

What are your favourite skincare bits? Any recommendations for me? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins