Tuesday 10 May 2016

Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paint Review & Swatches






The beauty industry is having a major moment with coconuts, coconut oil, coconut water, the numerous benefits of this humble nut - is it really a nut? - means that it is everywhere these days. And it looks like it's finally made it's way to our nails, including Barry M's latest release.

My love for Barry M's Nail Paints is seriously well documented. For me they're up there with some of the best on the market and I've even known them to out perform their high end counterparts. The overall quality is excellent, they have an incredible colour range and a really affordable price point. What's not to love? In the past few years Barry M has added a ton of new formulas to the line up - Gelly Hi-Shine, Speedy Quick Dry and Daylight Curing to name but a few - and I've loved them all, although it does have to be said that the Gelly Hi Shine formula is my favourite. So when I saw their latest drop of coconut infused polishes I was intrigued and a purchase was inevitable.

The range is made up of nine polishes: five summer ready shades and four beachy nudes. Now I'm not a huge fan of nude polishes and the other two colours in the collection, whilst pretty, aren't something I would normally go for.  But the three I did pick up are right up my street. I chose Laguna: a sky blue, Bikini: a bright turquoise-y green and Surfboard: a light pink-y lilac. The colours are lovely, but very similar to a lot of my other Barry M faves, not that I'm complaining. Now onto the important part the formula. Described by Barry M as 'a unique and caring blend' the polishes are formulated with Coconut Oil, Coconut Water and Vitamins B & C to both condition and hydrate the nail with High Reflective Resin for a super glossy, high shine finish. The polishes are designed so nourishing on the nails that Barry M advises against using a base coat so as to feel the full effects of the new formula.


After trying out Laguna I'm happy to report back that they're really lovely! I used two coats in the above picture, mostly out of habit but the finish was pretty much opaque after just one coat. They apply beautifully and I can already see an improvement in the condition of my nails. I really like them.

Coconut Infusions retail at £4.99,  a pound more expensive than the regular paints but definitely worth the increase, and are available at Boots and Superdrug.

Have you tried any of Barry M's Coconut Infusion Nail Paints yet? What;s your favourite? Let me know by commenting below, on twitter, or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagramfacebookbloglovin', snapchat -search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins