Thursday 22 October 2015

My 3 Beauty B's

Okay so you may have clicked through to this post wondering what on earth I am talking about when I say my 3 Beauty B's but stick with me here. You might have noticed that I have a particular affinity for 3 things: Bronze eyes, Berry lips & Blue nails. My 3 B's!













Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 HR in On and On Bronze  - £4.99 from Boots

There are two things that Maybelline really got right, the Lash Sensational Mascara and the formula of this A-MAY-ZING cream eyeshadow. A cult favourite amongst beauty bloggers, and for good reason, On and On Bronze is a stunning taupe-y bronze, my favourite kind of bronze, with just the right amount of shimmer and some seriously impressive lasting power. I like to use this on it's own smudged onto the lid and blended into the crease with my fingertip for a simple everyday eye, or as a base for other eyeshadows. Either way it is awesome.


MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked - £10.00 for the pan, £13.00 for the pot from MAC

This beaut is one of the first ever MAC products I bought, 3 years ago in the MAC store in Times Square, and it's still one of my absolute favourites. Woodwinked is a rich, warm-toned, bronze-y gold that looks stunning simply washed over the lid or packed on for a super dramatic smokey eye. It's gorgeous; pigmented, buttery soft and super long lasting. Woodwinked is a MAC classic for a reason guys!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bluffing - £4.99 from Boots

Bluffing is one of absolute favourite cream shadows. A silvery, taupe-y bronze with a soft, creamy, easy to blend formula, that once it sets, does not budge for hours. It is my go to on busy mornings, because it makes for one of the simplest, but prettiest, subtle, smokey eye looks around or it can be built up for something a bit more intense, but seriously ain't nobody got time for that. For me I like it best when just swiped across the lid and then blended into the crease. Quick, simple and easy. Love it.

MAC Matte Lipstick in D is for Danger -  £15.50 from MAC

So this is a relatively new addition to my berry lipstick collection but already a firm favourite. It is a stunning, blue-toned, berry red with a velvety matte finish. Whilst it is beautiful I have noticed that you need to do a bit of prep for this lipstick to be at it's finest, as it does slightly dry the lips and has a (again, very slight) tendency to cling to dry patches, however it is totally worth it because the colour is stunning and it lasts hours. You can eat, drink, whatever and this lipstick will still be there.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in #107 - £5.49 from Boots

#107 is one of my all time favourite drug store lipsticks. It is a beautiful deep, rich berry shade that exudes effortless glamour and sophistication whilst being universally flattering and incredibly wearable, what's not to love? (Side note: I've only just noticed how incredibly similar this is to MAC's D for Danger, I say similar they're actually indistinguishable from each other! Dupe Alert!)

Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in Berry Much - £4.99 from Boots

This was probably my most worn lipstick of last year because it is seriously amazing. As far as berry shades go this tends towards the darker side of things. An almost purple shade, Berry Much is the darkest of the three but it is so easy to wear. The formula is incredible, and it is ridiculously easy to apply. It goes onto the lips flawlessly, has a beautiful velvet-y finish and lasts hours. Winner!


Essie in Strut Your Stuff - £4.39 from Amazon

Strut Your Stuff has been on my nail polish list (yes, I have a nail polish list. Surprised?) for a long old time. So when I spotted it on the shelves of T.K. Max I snapped it up. It is an absolutely beautiful shade of cobalt blue that just makes me happy whenever I look at it,  although I do say that about every blue polish :S. The formula is really nice, easily workable however it doesn't have the greatest wear time, it's okay... not the best but not bad, does tend to stain the nails. Even so the colour is stunning.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Damson - £3.99 from Boots

Another bright blue stunner. Damson falls somewhere inbetween a deep sky blue and a really rich royal blue. Whenever I wear it I get complements and the formula of the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shines is marvellous. I won't bore you with the details because I talk about them so much but they're awesome, and Damson is beautiful. 'Nuff said.

Nails Inc Gel Effect in Regents Place - £15.00 from Nails Inc

Oh this beauty of a nail polish is one of my absolute favourites. A stunner of a cornflower blue/lilac that is perfect for summer due to it's pastel prettiness. Even though it's no longer seasonally appropriate, it is still gorgeous with a fabulous formula and really good wear time. Lovely.

What are your make up must haves? Let me know on twitter, by commenting below or dropping me an email at lolarocknroses@gmail.com. Also check out my instagram, facebook, bloglovin', snapchat - search lolarocknroses - & pinterest for updates.

Love love love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins