Sunday 19 October 2014

Review of Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in Turquoise Block


 Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in Turquoise Block 

 Swatches of Turquoise Block 

As a brand I find Bourjois to be a bit hit and miss. Whilst the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and the Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Stains are firm favourites of mine there are some things, as with most brands, that I’m not so fond of, like the nail enamels for example. BUT after seeing this on the shelves of Boots it was lust at first sight and I had to have it. Sadly it's definitely a miss. 

The formula dries really quickly but I think this is due, at least in part, to how watery it is. It takes 4 coats to be opaque and even then it's streaky. It's got quite a thick,  fan-like brush that is meant to make painting quick and effortless however I found it really clunky and difficult to manoeuvre, which made for messy application. Not only is the formula poor and the brush tricky to use the longevity is pathetic! It doesn't last at all, it started chipping off my nails within hours of application. The colour is so pretty but other than that I was really disappointed. 

Have you tried any of the Bourjois Nail Enamels? What did you think? Let me know on twitter and while you're there feel free to check me out on facebook, Bloglovin, instagram & pinterest ;)

Love love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins