Wednesday 9 July 2014

2 Stars & A Wish #6

It's Wednesday and that can only mean one thing, well two things: Firstly we are now more than halfway through the working week,  meaning we only have 2 more days to go until the weekend! Yay! Secondly, and more importantly, it's time for 2 Stars & A Wish! So let's stop dillydallying and get this party started! (Sorry, super lame

My First Star this week goes to Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Huckleberry. 



When it comes to high street nail polish Barry M is the undisputed King. He just is. Now personally when it comes to nails I'm usually not a great fan of pastels, preferring my nail colours to come from the louder and prouder end of the spectrum. Having said that when Barry M's new summer collection dropped I could not wait to get my hands on them and they were almost exclusively pastels. I grabbed this, and 2 others - it was 3for2, in a mad dash through Superdrug on Friday morning and I absolutely love it. It's a really lovely pale mint green/blue (depending on the light) which is so summery and pretty. Usually with colours this pale a white base coat is an annoying requirement. But because Barry M's formula, particularly the Gelly formula, is so kick ass it doesn't need it. It does however require one extra coat for opacity. Other than that it's amazing.

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2in1 Make-Up Remover 


I've been testing out a lot of cleansers of late and I bought this after a very favourable recommendation from my step-sister. Now being a sensitive skinned, blackhead prone (gross!) lass I'm a bit wary when it comes to oil based cleansers. I'm also allergic to oil based paint so that's a worry as well. As a general rule I try to steer clear of oil based products because I don't know how my skin will react. However the conversation with my equally sensitive skinned step-sister, who absolutely raved about this product, convinced me and I thought I'd give it a whirl. I've been using it for the past 5 days and it. is. awesome. It removes my make up so quickly and effectively that my skin care routine is no longer the ball ache it once was. As it's oil based it removes all traces of eyeliner and mascara, even waterproof, so easily and it's not at all sting-y on the eyes which is nice. It's really good. I don't love it as much as the Nivea Daily Essentials 2in1 Cleanser & Toner (read about it here and here) which I think is more soothing on the skin but I still like it. 



My Wish this week goes to Maybelline's Babylips in Cherry Me 







I've been umming and ahhing about what could be this week's wish as I have had a really positive week make up wise, (life wise not so much.) And then I remembered this.  I had a bit of a shopping spree last weekend because it was payday and I was naughty -haul post to follow-. Anyway I was in Tesco with my step-sister,  who is just as bad as I am! And somehow, quite mysteriously, we wound up in the make up aisle, where they had Babylips for 2 for £5. Now I'd never tried Babylips before but had heard some generally good things so I thought why not? And that is how Cherry Me and Pink Punch found their way into my basket, alongside Maybelline's Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Colour in Surreal (which I loved! As you can see I've clearly forgiven Maybelline for their shoddy excuse for a foundation, read about it here.) Babylips were marketed as super pigmented, lipbalm lipstick hybrids. Whilst Cherry Me is a deep red lip balm that smells gorgeous (like cherry drops!), is very moisturising and has very cute packaging the pigmentation leaves much to be desired. In a word it's crap. I'll carry on using it as a lipbalm but as a lipstick it's a bit meh. Very disappointing. It took ages to get this kind of colour pay off for the swatch... and it's not even that great a swatch! Having said that I had absolutely no qualms with the Pink Punch, which smells like peaches (yummy), is a really nice shade of baby pink and is so pigmented, leaving the lips looking glossy and nourished. 

What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know using the hashtag #2StarsandaWish or comment below. I love hearing from you lovely people! :)

Anywho I will be back on Friday with Friday I'm In Love #6 where I will be talking about my loves for the week. I'm also hoping to get some posts up over the weekend but that all depends on whether or not I have the time. I am super busy this weekend. But until then you can check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest for your daily fix. If you need one that is ;)

Love love love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins