Friday 15 November 2013

Never judge a brand by it's price tag

I must confess myself as something of a make up snob. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore high street brands (so much so that the people in my local Boots know me by name) and my make up stash is made up almost entirely of high street products. Having said that the brands I tend to favour usually come from the higher end of the scale, purely because I have always found better results with those that cost a bit more.

However I was shopping with my friend, fellow shopaholic and enabler the other day when we made a quick detour into Body Care where I was introduced to the brand Technic. The quickest way to my heart is through good music and nail varnish (I have 150) and they had shelves and shelves of nail varnish.


Usually I wouldn't give this brand a second glance, NOT because it looks like it would be awful but because I find it very hard to believe that you can get anything half decent for less than a pound. How very wrong I was. I was like a tiny child in a sweet shop, grabbing at everything and anything and getting thoroughly overexcited. After what seemed like hours of perusing the make up I settled on 3 new nail polishes and a new eyeshadow pallet.


L-R: Carnival, Turkish Sea, Siona Island. B:Electric Beauty Metalix Eyeshadow Pallet, all by Technic

This cost me a total of £5:49! As someone who has spent £70 on nail varnish in one hit (I got into so much trouble that day) this seemed like a total revelation. Desperate to play with my new make up I hurried home and painted my nails in Turkish Sea, using Carnival as an accent.

Nails in Turkish Sea & Carnival by Technic

The nail varnish was fantastic. Two coats and it was completely opaque. I always find glitter polishes difficult because I find it impossible to resist chewing it off but this one wasn't too bad, although it did take a few coats to get a decent amount of glitter. Unfortunately it only lasted a day before it began to chip which is pretty poor, however for the bargain price of £1 a pop I will definitely be adding more Technic products to my collection.

 As a strapped student (with a pretty serious make up habit and an out and out nail polish/lipstick addiction) I sometimes have to make the difficult decision between make up and food, and more often than not make up wins. Well not anymore. Now I can have both :)

Until next time guys for more nail polish related chatter and fun times check me out on twitter, facebook, BlogLovin, instagram & pinterest.


L0ve love love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins