Wednesday 19 September 2018

September Goals


September! Oh September! I could write a love letter to this wonder, wonderful month! I know I'm probably alone in this, but I'm SO happy that summer is finally over and we're now in Autumn. Autumn is my favourite time of year. I love it! In fact,I've been so busy enjoying the past month that I haven't had a minute to sit down and write a post. But I'm back now and with a post I originally meant to upload three weeks ago. Oops. 

Read more!

Reading is, and has always been, one of my favourite ways to spend my time. From when I was a really little girl and memorised all the words to Dear Zoo so I could read it to myself, right up until I chose to do a degree in English Literature, and essentially murdered my love of reading. It’s no fun reading book you have to read! Especially when one of those books is Moby Dick! But recently I’ve read one or two INCREDIBLE books - Promising Young Women by Caroline O’Donohue, I Stop Somewhere by T.E. Carter and Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton -  that have completely reignited my love for reading and books. I also read a piece in The Times, cuz I’m so fancy, by Laura Freeman that was completely incredible. She argued that immersing yourself in books and art and music is actually better for mental wellbeing than meditation. And I completely agree. Meditation has never worked for me, my heads not a particularly safe place for me to be, but reading has always settled my mind, and calmed me. So for both my mental health and just my general development as a human I’m going to be hitting the books pretty hard this month. 

Up my guitar game

I've been playing guitar for over two years now and I've totally plateaued. I can play and I sound alright but I want to be really good. It doesn't help that I've let life totally got in the way of me playing, I used to play everyday for hours but lately it's more like a couple of times a week, if that. I want to learn at least one new song before the month is over, and *whisper it* try Drop D tuning. All the best songs are in Drop D. 

Book driving test 

I passed my theory test back in July and have been throwing myself into my lessons because I just want to be able to drive now! It's been two years! This is the final hurdle and I'm terrified but it's about time. 

Start packing/declutter

Big news folks! I'm moving! I'm not sure when because I'm moving into a shared house, but I'm pretty sure it will be sometime in October/November. Which means I have some serious clearing out and packing to do. Better get started! 

Gym 

I'm ashamed to admit just how long it's been since I last went to the gym. It was May. I need to go back. I sleep so much better when I'm exercising, I feel better both physically and mentally and it's just a really good thing that I need to make sure I'm doing. 


Not much new for this month, which I suppose is good because we're literally three weeks into it but they're all still worth a try and manageable. What are your September Goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins